It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:40 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:19 pm 
Noob

TJ wrote:
On the plus side, Brian will never neglect the copious use of anti-sieze compound again.

:D

.....or leave the house without two spare t-bar adjusters, spare bars and some anchors..

That means if Jason isn't around we always have Brian to go to for spare t bar parts.

haha

2003 - 2" BL, 3" SL, 33's MT's sliders and shrock skids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:39 pm 
Forum User

CMD wrote:
Seemed like everyone had some type of issue with their truck. Our group alone, all 4 X's had something that needed taken care of..

TJ put in a new alternator

Brian stripped the threads on his t-bar adjuster, need a new one from Jason

Mike snapped his shock in half

I just needed to keeping tending to my radiator, it was running super hot for a bit..

Great day though, got to meet a lot of you guys.
Pleasure wheeling with everyone I did.

Traveled 1,690.18 miles to get to the KiXx run and broke nothing, had a great day, got winched for the first time ever and kicked ass on Yellow Jacket on my third try. That is a nice welcome back to the east coast.

2" B/L, 4.56 Gears, Titan Front Diff, ARB Rear Air Locker
PRG Titan UCAs, Radflo 2.5" Coilovers - 600lb
PRG Shackles, Radflo's 2.0 Emulsion Rears, Alcan Full Leaf Pack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:26 pm 
Forum User

ugh, that sucked

we still had a good day, ran some great trails, some of which were new to me

great seeing everyone again, even if only for a few minutes

I AM McLOVIN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:46 am 
Forum User

Had an awesome time up there....ran part of 13 then off to 10 then over to Pizza Rock.

Damage ....front skid plate got ripped off and back into a damn tree which the little bastard broke my tail light...got another one coming next week.

Brian...you were lucky I was still in the park :D I'm glad I could help ya out.

Damn Mike you are such a bad ass and just ripped off your shock like that...the mad man from Philly hhahaha :lol:

good times guys and I will see you next month dudes 8)

Tow Rig: '04 Chevy 2500 Crew Cab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:13 pm 
Supporting Member

I think it was a great event
On my end, I found out that the item that I'd torqued requires a special tool to repair.

They're called large channel lock pliers.. A nut on the johnny joint hadn't been tightened down all the way and the joint just moved into a position that caused it to rub.

My diff cover still needs to go (and will within the week), but what I thought might have been a fairly substantial repair took longer to laugh about than to fix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:38 pm 
Global Moderator

First, thank you all for participating in the NEXTerra KiX Off The Summer Run! I had a great time and hope you did also.

Congratulations to the winners of the Automotive Customizers 4X4Parts Gift Certificates!
Brian?s friend (who?s name I forgot), Tim (Queensxterra) and Ken.
Please do me a favor and PM me your full name and the number of the certificate as soon as possible. I need to report those that information to Volrick so that you will be able to redeem them. Yes, I know I F?ed up, sorry.

After I left the parking area Dave (alliedacid), Dave (XterraVT) with Bobby (XVTer) ridin? shotgun, Stephen (SeXterraPA) and I went straight over to the West property, down ?J? and into trail 13. I made it through after getting a bit more love from a tree to my passenger side rear quarter panel. Ripped off the plastic bumper piece (I?ve got a spare so no worries). After we got done we went to meet up with Mike (Svendog) and the rest of the Black/Blue crew (who were dropping like flies). We were heading over to ?23? when my truck was making a bad banging sound. Turned out I smashed the bolts holding my TC skid plate to the cross member were our TBar adjusters sit. Instead of the heads of the bolts snapping off they held and twisted the cross member. Yes, that?s right, I twisted my member. Very funny.
Any who it was ok to drive but not ok to wheel, if I smacked it again the t-bar could have come out. I was done. Dave and I cut out leaving the rest of our group to finish the day wheeling. Dave and I went back to the KOA, dropped the TC skid and assessed the damage. The lesson, use cheap bolts so that they are what breaks. Just carry a few extra. :roll:
Something is also going on with my rear drum brakes; they are making a disturbing sound, intermittently at highway speeds. Dave thinks it could be my non working parking brake. I might tear into it tomorrow as well as order a new cross member.

I heard that there was much carnage this trip and I?m sorry for that but that?s the game we play. Right?

I am curious to know what happened to whom. As I received many varied stories maybe you can post your story.

Hanging out with all of you at the KOA, at Rausch and later at O?Neal was great. I am very happy to be a part of such a wonderful community. You folks are the best, let?s do it again next month with an even larger group at ECXC! WAH HOO!

I started a picture thread HERE! Post 'em if ya got 'em!

Last edited by Bklyn.X on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:42 pm 
Forum User

Tom, thanks for a great event, you rock!

As mentioned at dinner, my only damage was I had to field swap my alternator, and my wife says I gave her shaken baby syndrome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:51 pm 
Noob

SeXterraPA wrote:
Traveled 1,690.18 miles to get to the KiXx run and broke nothing, had a great day, got winched for the first time ever and kicked ass on Yellow Jacket on my third try. That is a nice welcome back to the east coast.

I only saw you for a second in the morning, but last night I was parked 3 trucks away from you.

PML, 2" BL, WhiteRockFab Sliders, Skid Row skids, 33x10.50/15 BFGoodrich MT KM2s, 265/75/16 Michelin LTX AT/2s, Hilift jack, Shovel mount, ready for anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:52 pm 
Supporting Member

Tom
You did do an outstanding job getting this event to take place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:32 pm 
Noob

That was a great run with good people. Look fwd to seeing you all again in July.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:56 pm 
Supporting Member

Sounds like I missed a great weekend! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:40 pm 
Forum User

I think this is the best time i ever had at RC despite the shock. at least the shock broke and not the mount. i'll have it replaced this week with calmini's. Great weekend and can't wait to do it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:49 pm 
Forum User

Thanks for putting it all together Tom. I had a great time wheelin and having a few brews at O'Neils.

Jerry did a great job of leading the green group. Cant wait to do it again at ECXC!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:06 pm 
Global Moderator

TomsRedX wrote:
Thanks for putting it all together Tom. I had a great time wheelin and having a few brews at O'Neils.

Jerry did a great job of leading the green group. Cant wait to do it again at ECXC!!

:shock: F!
I forgot to thank the trail leaders. :oops:

Jerry - fubar1217 - Green
Ken - k_enn - Green
Mike - XterraMike- The Blue Crew
Mike - svendog - Black&Blue
and Stephen - (SeXterraPA) - who took over for me and Mike after our trucks went down.
Thank you men. Great job! :thumbup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:57 pm 
Forum User

it was a great day despite the damage....ran a few new trails and a few favorites (J, pizza rock)....i was stressing pretty bad when i busted my torsion bar anchor mostly because it was basically the worst trail damage i've taken so far and it could have prevented me from getting home....my mood definitely lightened when tim said he was bringing down jason and the spare parts...live and learn right?

overall a good trip with great people....if i didn't have stuff to do this morning i would have stayed out there overnight and hung out at the pub with everyone

thanks a ton for throwing this together tom!

I AM McLOVIN!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next