It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

Post subject: Help finding a tire.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:27 pm 
Supporting Member

ok today, i blow my tire and tube for the first time. I need to get a tube and tire. Whats on the bike now is a kenda tire. I would like to stay the same, or if theres something better. My Tire is a 26 X 2.1 ( 54-559 ).

Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:25 pm 
Supporting Member

www.biketiresdirect.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:00 pm 
Forum User

I have a spare that size that's a Super Wolf. It's in pretty good shape if you want it for the time being...

"The Retired General Weee"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:25 pm 
Supporting Member

RIXterra wrote:
www.biketiresdirect.com

THanks Gene, but they dont have my size tire. Crap!

Joe, Well i was looking for a permanent thing. I wonder, could i go with a wider tire?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:16 am 
it depends on what kidn of frame you have, and what fork your running, bigger tires if your doing strictly cross country are going to slow you down, their heavier and drag more on uphills, if your going to stay with the the 26 x 2.1 which is a great set up for XC go with the panaracer fire xc pros, there on bikenashbar.com onsale for 14.99 a piece. When i raced with them back in the day they were close to 50! They are wire bead which some people find to be a pain but i dont have any problem fixing a tube on them and the weight difference (if your not a weight freak) between the beads and kevlar arent substantial. My advice is if your riding XC dont go wider than a 2.1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:07 am 
Supporting Member

Wickedsurf wrote:
it depends on what kidn of frame you have, and what fork your running, bigger tires if your doing strictly cross country are going to slow you down, their heavier and drag more on uphills, if your going to stay with the the 26 x 2.1 which is a great set up for XC go with the panaracer fire xc pros, there on bikenashbar.com onsale for 14.99 a piece. When i raced with them back in the day they were close to 50! They are wire bead which some people find to be a pain but i dont have any problem fixing a tube on them and the weight difference (if your not a weight freak) between the beads and kevlar arent substantial. My advice is if your riding XC dont go wider than a 2.1

Thanks, I think i'm gonna stay with the 2.1 I also find a tube pretty cheap too.

I was gonna go with, http://www.blueskycycling.com/product4262_52_-Kenda-Excavator-Kevlar-Tire.htm Becuase my front tire is that same... so i dont know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:40 am 
those are good too, make sure the tube size goes with the 2.1 one tires because they do make ones larger for bigger tires, either way thats not a bad buy, kevlar is lighter and easier to deal with when you ahve a flat but it also depends on your rim, for the same price you can get to fire xc pros which are wire bead, a little heavier but a way more aggresive tread, im not sure what type of riding you do but if you like to go fast and jam around corners, you cant beat the fire xc's imo