It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

Post subject: Rausch July 16-18
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:10 pm 
Supporting Member

We all know it sucks that ECXC was canceled (understandably so). Just wanted to throw it out there that a group of us will be wheeling purples and blacks that Thursday and Friday at Rausch and either exploring somewhere else or wheeling greens/blues Saturday.

We wanted to extend an invite to anyone who wishes to join.

Please understand that this is NOT AN ORGANIZED OR SANCTIONED NeXterra EVENT. There will be no one in charge, no one making groups, etc. Please have a group together before hand.

We are staying at Twin Grove if anyone is interested in hanging out by the fire and drinking socially distant beers/water/wine/hooch, whatever.

Post subject: Re: Rausch July 16-18
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:04 pm 
Club Vice President

Sounds great, thanks for posting Jeff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:04 am 
Supporting Member

I was going to go that weekend, but when i posted for it i didn't hear anything, so i moved it a week later cause i was able to get a few people to go up on the 23rd of july.. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:55 pm 
Global Moderator

How are you guys feeling about wheeling during these dates at this point? I’ve been tested, don’t have it and am negative with the antibodies but still nervous...just want to get your views.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:11 am 
Supporting Member

I think wheeling is pretty safe. We're in the vehicle most of the time. When we're not, it's not difficult to keep a distance or wear a mask. The office has been really good with metering the flow of people in and out of the office. I do suggest having your paperwork ready ahead of time so everything moves quickly.

My only minor concern is Twin Grove. I'm not so sure how clean they are. Seems they've been going downhill the last couple years. I'm bringing Lysol and chlorox wipes for the cabin.

I am also planning on getting the antibody test here soon. Just for my own curiosity.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:24 am 
Supporting Member

Outside in the fresh air, heat, and sunshine... This is not the place this thing is getting passed. Plus, as Jeff said, we are in our own trucks 90% of the time and when we do get out it is easy to keep a distance. If there is a some reason we have to get all snugly under the trucks to fix something, then we put some masks on and bath in hand sanitizer...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:29 am 
Supporting Member

I agree. It’s really easy to maintain your distance out in the woods. The office is only letting 3 or maybe 4 people total in at a time and everyone wears masks. They also have barrier walls set up so people are separated.

The only time it’s “hard” to maintain distance is if/when someone breaks. But then you just let the person who broke his truck fix it. Hand him tools and stay back. Heckle as usual. Or just put a mask on. But I like heckling from a distance haha.

If you’re not comfortable with twin just camp at rausch. Just make sure you get there by Friday afternoon or earlier - it has been filling up quickly. The porta potties have been surprisingly clean lately too (didn’t think I’d ever say that about a porta potty).

From what I’ve seen people really are doing a good job. No one wants to get the virus or shut down.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:22 am 
Supporting Member

Tom, we have been on stricter side of social distancing in my house. That being said, I have gone to RC for 2 day trips now. They were very looong days, but worth it. I had no problem social distancing, the office was not busy both times, so no big deal getting in and out. Just like out here, not everyone is as "on board" with keeping thier distance, but you just need to be the one to take a step back, or politely(or not!) Ask them to keep theirs. It really was not a problem, and less of a problem than every day life in NJ.

I brought the kids the one time, our one concern was bathrooms, I'm sure they are clean but we are not comfortable with using the portajohns yet. Our solution was a bucket with a pool noodle on top for a seat. I drilled holes in the bottom so my daughter could sit on it and pee and it would drain into the ground. Put a plastic bag in it(secured) by the pool noodle and you can take a shit with easy cleanup. You could also cut the whole bottom out, dig a hole before you go, and put it over the hole.

My wife and kids are coming to NOT-ECXC and staying in a cabin with a bathroom, etc. My wife is (rightfully so) overly-cautious with the coronavirus. We actually just went in our first store last weekend.
We will be disinfectanting all of the hard surfaces and bring a bunch of cheap sheets to put over the beds and couches. We won't be going in the pool. Food and drink won't be shared. We will have a great time!

I personally(and i think experts too) think camping is one of the safest things to do right now. I think wheeling is even safer. If you haven't really gotten out yet, i strongly suggest doing it. I can't explain how much a day of wheeling makes your forget all the shitty stuff going on right now in our world. Hope to see you, but if not, it's 100% understood.

Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:29 am 
Supporting Member

http://imgur.com/a/O75VyEp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:06 am 
Global Moderator

I fixed your image^
To post an image from imgur bucket; left click on the image within your bucket and select "Open image in new tab". Then copy the image address within the browser of the new tab and paste it between the [img]""[/img]

I find the image disturbing....

Thanks for your responses guys.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:18 am 
Club Vice President

Hahaha...that image is great. I was trying to imagine how a pool noodle across the mouth of the bucket would work.....stupid me. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:56 am 
Supporting Member

JeffNJM3 wrote:
We won't be going in the pool.

I'll be goddamned if I'm not plopping my ass in that pool.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:28 pm 
Supporting Member

Thanks

Hey, I 'll do what i gotta do to get on the trails

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:12 pm 
Supporting Member

Bklyn.X wrote:
I find the image disturbing....

lol.

very disturbing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:50 pm 
Supporting Member

How many are going on the 16th-19th? I was going to go the following weekend on the 23rd.

The guys going the 16th... where are you staying? Maybe i'll be able to do both weekends...

does the 23rd weekend interest anyone?