It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 am

Post subject: New member in NH
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:21 am 
Noob

Hey all, new member here, just introducing myself. Had my Xterra for a few years now, liked it enough to buy the wifey a Pathfinder so we can share parts. Been a auto technician for 14 years (VW master tech) and have owned a Nissan ever since I got my license. Just getting into some mild offroading and adventure (I don't have a P4X so I don't want to heavily modify a S trim Xterra). looking forward to getting out on some trails and making some friends.

I fix VWs so I can play with my Nissans.

08 Xterra
06 Pathfinder
89 240sx

Post subject: Re: New member in NH
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:54 pm 
Club Vice President

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:18 am 
Supporting Member

Welcome form Oxford CT! looking forward to meeting you on the trails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:41 am 
Noob

Well, just sent supporting member payment and will be going to the April fools run in MA so hopefully I see some of you there.

08 Xterra
06 Pathfinder
89 240sx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:55 pm 
Club Vice President

Hey Matthew - received your supporting membership payment. Welcome! Please send mtndewmike your email & mailling address so he can set you up with the proper access.

Looking forward to seeing you at the April Fools run. Don't forget to send in payment for the run as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:38 pm 
Forum User

Welcome from mass. I was the new guy awhile back with a stock S trim. But I've taking it to a more extreme approach. From interior mods to exterior suspension and protection upgrades. We will bring you up to speed to where you feel comfortable and defiantly help you maintain safety for your X and yourself. Amazing group of guys and gals filled with experience and open arms, to new off-road enthusiasts. Will defiantly be a pleasure to meet you at the April fools run. Also, don't be afraid to ask about how to prepair for the run, my first time at gremlin I was fully stock, and came out damage free. Thanks to the help and encouragement of the group. See you soon.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:48 pm 
Club President

Ahoy, Matthew, and welcome aboard! pirate

I've added you to the Supporting Members group here on the forum. Please email me your shipping address so that I can send you out a couple things!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:28 pm 
Noob

Thanks guys. I definitely don’t feel like quite the noob when it comes to fixing and maintaining the Xterra and pathfinder. First year of ownership I replaced radiator due to a leak (thankfully it was not the SMOD). Started mild upgrades (33s with level8 wheels, intake, bullydog tuner, urethane front and rear sway bar bushings and leaf spring bushings). Upgraded radio and speakers, added a backup camera and heated seats. I’m sitting on a nisstec lift kit right now, just need the time to install. Just finished a full timing chain install on the pathfinder to keep the wife happy - tensioner pads were gone and chain was riding on metal. Mtn Dew Mike, ill PM you my address. Carpy, anything you can think of that will make April fools run easier I’d be glad to know. Thanks guys and gals.

08 Xterra
06 Pathfinder
89 240sx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:40 pm 
Forum User

Nismobeast wrote:
Thanks guys. I definitely don’t feel like quite the noob when it comes to fixing and maintaining the Xterra and pathfinder. First year of ownership I replaced radiator due to a leak (thankfully it was not the SMOD). Started mild upgrades (33s with level8 wheels, intake, bullydog tuner, urethane front and rear sway bar bushings and leaf spring bushings). Upgraded radio and speakers, added a backup camera and heated seats. I’m sitting on a nisstec lift kit right now, just need the time to install. Just finished a full timing chain install on the pathfinder to keep the wife happy - tensioner pads were gone and chain was riding on metal. Mtn Dew Mike, ill PM you my address. Carpy, anything you can think of that will make April fools run easier I’d be glad to know. Thanks guys and gals.
Water to drink, lunch, snacks, tp, full tank of gas. Mud flaps and oem nerf bars if equiped should be removed. After the run you will have enough knowledge to prepare for what works best for you. If for any reason you feel like parking your X, you can always hop in with any of us to keep wheeling. I have before. I'm sure you will get some more pre event ideas from the group.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:56 pm 
Noob

Great, should be all set then. I keep water in the truck all the time, air compressor and some basic tools too. Ditched the mud flaps and removed the side steps once my daughter was big enough to climb in without them. I think I just need to make sure the registration for the event went through. I filled it all out and clicked send and the screen just disappeared with no confirmation.

08 Xterra
06 Pathfinder
89 240sx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:54 am 
Supporting Member

Carpy wrote:
Nismobeast wrote:
Water to drink, lunch, snacks, tp, full tank of gas. Mud flaps and oem nerf bars if equiped should be removed. After the run you will have enough knowledge to prepare for what works best for you. If for any reason you feel like parking your X, you can always hop in with any of us to keep wheeling. I have before. I'm sure you will get some more pre event ideas from the group.

I would recommend removing the rear sway bar. It's easy enough it can be done in the parking lot before the run and reinstalled after so you don't have to drive on-road without it, if that makes you uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:17 pm 
Supporting Member

BostonX wrote:
I would recommend removing the rear sway bar. It's easy enough it can be done in the parking lot before the run and reinstalled after so you don't have to drive on-road without it, if that makes you uncomfortable.

That is the only thing I broke last year.

Welcome and see you at the April Fools run.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:37 pm 
Forum User

ri_randy wrote:
BostonX wrote:

That is the only thing I broke last year.

Welcome and see you at the April Fools run.
It's all trial and error, also what works best for you. There are a number of ways to go to lift the X. I did OME rear leaf packs with AAL because I had OEM leafs originally and adjustable shackles could have potentially caused a problem with them. I did adjustable front coil overs instead of spacers for a true lift. After running brookridge, I'm defiantly more confident with my choice on lift and armor. I removed my rear sway bar for more travel and less aggravation. Although I still have my front sway bar, the links are at there breaking point, but it's a choose I will have to make on removing it or replacing the links. Mostly these events are not all about who has the best outfit, but the fun time you have and the friends you make. On top of the experience you gain.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:10 am 
Noob

if I get a chance to work on my X, I may just remove the rear sway bar. Been very busy this month fixing my in-laws vehicles. Ive been sitting on a 2.5in Nisstec lift they got me over a year ago. AAL in the rear and nisstec front spacers so I wont have the upper control arms hitting. I have adjustable shackles at home as well, so I may end up with a combo of the AAL and the shackles...ill have to see how it sits once the lift is installed. hopefully I can get some time this weekend and install it all, just worried that the control arm bolts wont want to come out

08 Xterra
06 Pathfinder
89 240sx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:33 am 
Supporting Member

Take a sawsall to the UCA bolt. No joke. Just make sure you bought a replacement first! When installing the new UCAs, insert the bolt the other direction to make it easier to remove in the future. Some Nissan engineers were jerks...