It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:46 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: April Fools Run 2016 MA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:25 pm 
Offline
Events Committee Member

Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:12 pm
Posts: 72
Location: North Attleboro ma
Guys what's the usual probability of blown tires on this run? I don't have a full size spare at the moment and not sure if it will be here in time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: April Fools Run 2016 MA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:58 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:37 am
Posts: 1158
Location: Boston, MA
Depending on how the wind blows, if Mercury is in retrograde, and how many spiders I eat in my sleep, I could possibly show up. We'll see.

I've never seen a blown tire at Gremlin, but Ernie did de-bead his the other time.

_________________
CLICK FOR
"Calliope's Revenge"

»»»›‹«««


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: April Fools Run 2016 MA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:32 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:06 am
Posts: 341
Location: Methuen, MA
theplasticone wrote:

I've never seen a blown tire at Gremlin, but Ernie did de-bead his the other time.


It's happened a few times. The trick is to not air down TOO much. Besides, I carry a plug kit, and we all have compressors, so unless you plan on doing something really bad, there's no need to worry.

_________________
Jordan
2012 Super Black Pro-4X 6MT; Shrock sliders; lift shackles; AAL's; spacers; Bilstein 5100's; roof basket, hi-lift, and shovel; BFG 34" KO2's; Calmini prerunner bumper, Maxterra tire carrier bumper, Hella 700's w/ 3k HID retrofit


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: April Fools Run 2016 MA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:02 pm 
Offline
Club Treasurer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:28 pm
Posts: 4235
Location: West Hartford, CT
Bass4Runner wrote:
Airing down will be mandatory for this run (recommend running max at 20psi).

From the OP. This is to protect the trails from damage as much as it is to help you over obstacles.

GG has a lot of stumps. It's most likely going to be wet & muddy this weekend. Although rare (expect if your Ernie running 3psi on his massive tires), tire damage is possible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: April Fools Run 2016 MA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:22 pm 
Offline
Events Committee Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:08 pm
Posts: 6670
Location: Middletown R.I.
DirtySocks wrote:
Bass4Runner wrote:
Airing down will be mandatory for this run (recommend running max at 20psi).

From the OP. This is to protect the trails from damage as much as it is to help you over obstacles.

GG has a lot of stumps. It's most likely going to be wet & muddy this weekend. Although rare (expect if your Ernie running 3psi on his massive tires), tire damage is possible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Somehow I see a pattern forming here...
Don't follow Ernie through there ...
Don't blow 2 tires off the rim like Ernie...
Don't roll over like Ernie ..
Don't stand your rig straight up like Ernie...

Glad to be the gauge of what not to do... :woohoo: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
The Yota Guy
You need Big Sockets if you Have Big Nuts....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: April Fools Run 2016 MA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:01 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:37 am
Posts: 1158
Location: Boston, MA
Bass4Runner wrote:
Somehow I see a pattern forming here...
Don't follow Ernie through there ...
Don't blow 2 tires off the rim like Ernie...
Don't roll over like Ernie ..
Don't stand your rig straight up like Ernie...

Glad to be the gauge of what not to do... :woohoo: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Only because you have to go and make everything about you. :guns:



:mrgreen:

_________________
CLICK FOR
"Calliope's Revenge"

»»»›‹«««


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: April Fools Run 2016 MA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:50 pm 
Offline
Club Secretary
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:13 am
Posts: 1993
Location: DE, CT, NY
Signing up, I am trying to move around my schedule to be able to attend. As of now I will be there. :mrgreen:

_________________
My Xterra On Cardomain.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: April Fools Run 2016 MA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:01 pm 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:18 pm
Posts: 10404
Location: Brooklyn, NY
…not trying to discourage anyone from attending however I think it would be a mistake not to have a full size spare during a run on any type of trail. I carry tire plugs, air as well as a full size spare…sometimes two.
You might want to review the suggestion list HERE.

_________________
Bklyn.X
ImageImage
“If a guy's close to you, you can't slight 'im...”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: April Fools Run 2016 MA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:04 pm 
Offline
Events Committee Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:08 pm
Posts: 6670
Location: Middletown R.I.
RomeoEJ wrote:
Signing up, I am trying to move around my schedule to be able to attend. As of now I will be there. :mrgreen:

:thumbup:

_________________
The Yota Guy
You need Big Sockets if you Have Big Nuts....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: April Fools Run 2016 MA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:24 pm 
Offline
Events Committee Member

Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:12 pm
Posts: 72
Location: North Attleboro ma
I mean it's not like I'm running a doughnut it's a 32" spare the trucks running 35" tires so I mean it's enough but I'll try to get the 35 spare here as soon as possible


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: April Fools Run 2016 MA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:31 pm 
Offline
Club Secretary
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:13 am
Posts: 1993
Location: DE, CT, NY
Jdicenso wrote:
I mean it's not like I'm running a doughnut it's a 32" spare the trucks running 35" tires so I mean it's enough but I'll try to get the 35 spare here as soon as possible



When do you intend to get the 35" spare? You will need a full size spare for the event trails. This is part of the NEXterra tech inspection that Tom has posted previously.

What type of trails are you trying to run? Greens, Blues, Blacks, Reds?

_________________
My Xterra On Cardomain.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: April Fools Run 2016 MA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:48 am 
Offline
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:23 pm
Posts: 379
Location: East Granby, CT
I trust you all won't turn us away if we show up with cash in hand and a signed waver?

_________________
2011 Black Pro-4X MT, 410s, Locked, Lifted & Armored URL Scott's X


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: April Fools Run 2016 MA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:47 am 
Offline
Club Treasurer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:28 pm
Posts: 4235
Location: West Hartford, CT
Scott Farris wrote:
I trust you all won't turn us away if we show up with cash in hand and a signed waver?
Cash at the event is still accepted, although PayPal is preferred.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: April Fools Run 2016 MA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:05 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:06 am
Posts: 341
Location: Methuen, MA
DirtySocks wrote:
Scott Farris wrote:
I trust you all won't turn us away if we show up with cash in hand and a signed waver?
Cash at the event is still accepted, although PayPal is preferred.


Hell, I'd rather paypal, that way I know Suresh isn't gettin' down all party-boy style on his way home with all my cash.

_________________
Jordan
2012 Super Black Pro-4X 6MT; Shrock sliders; lift shackles; AAL's; spacers; Bilstein 5100's; roof basket, hi-lift, and shovel; BFG 34" KO2's; Calmini prerunner bumper, Maxterra tire carrier bumper, Hella 700's w/ 3k HID retrofit


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: April Fools Run 2016 MA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:46 pm 
Offline
Club Treasurer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:28 pm
Posts: 4235
Location: West Hartford, CT
beer1


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Theme designed by stylerbb.net & programy © 2008
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.373s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]
All times are UTC - 5 hours