It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

Post subject: Re: Northern eXposure Run 2023 @ Rausch
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:33 pm 
Noob

Any plans for someone to lead the green group?
I don't mind leading however I have never ran Rausch and have no idea about planning a route that would logistically practical and correct to return the group on time.

Also, any plans for a get together Saturday night for those staying the night?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:26 pm 
Supporting Member

Jmferg3 wrote:
Also, any plans for a get together Saturday night for those staying the night?

A bunch if us will be hanging out around a fire at Twin Grove Campground, should be at cabin T02, welcome to join us

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:28 am 
Club Vice President

Jmferg3 wrote:
Any plans for someone to lead the green group?
I don't mind leading however I have never ran Rausch and have no idea about planning a route that would logistically practical and correct to return the group on time.

We’ll figure out the grouping Saturday morning. There’s are 4 signed up for the hard group, 4 for intermediates & 5 for the stock/green. The good think about Rausch is that the maps are decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:30 am 
Club Vice President

Tom’s had an unexpected change in plans, so Ernie & I will help get the run going Saturday morning.

You can’t miss Ernie monster’ish truck & I’ll be there in the jeep. Will see you guys at 8am!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:53 pm 
Global Moderator

Last Saturday I tested positive for the COVID virus. My business partner and store manager also had the virus, so my retail business was shuttered for a few days.

I tested negative on Thursday morning, I went into work, cleaned and then opened her back up at noon.

I was supposed to be off this weekend however I need to work and try and salvage what’s left of my business.

I also don't feel right exposing you all to whatever might be lingering...if that's even a thing. If I error I prefer it is on the "safe" side.

I will not be able to attend the NER2023 on Saturday.

Suresh arranged for me to drop the box containing the event shirts/crews/stickers to Saif, who happened to be working 10 minutes from my house! He is going to bring it to the event.
Thank you Saif!

I’m glad Suresh and Ernie will both be there to cover for me. Sorry to drop this on them but it can’t be helped.
Thanks guys!

I hope you all have a great time. Please take pictures and post them on the boards and/or Instagram
#nexterra
#NER2023
@nexterraclub

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:14 pm 
Supporting Member

Bklyn.X wrote:
Last Saturday I tested positive for the COVID virus. My business partner and store manager also had the virus, so my retail business was shuttered for a few days.

I tested negative on Thursday morning, I went into work, cleaned and then opened her back up at noon.

I was supposed to be off this weekend however I need to work and try and salvage what’s left of my business.

I also don't feel right exposing you all to whatever might be lingering...if that's even a thing. If I error I prefer it is on the "safe" side.

I will not be able to attend the NER2023 on Saturday.

Suresh arranged for me to drop the box containing the event shirts/crews/stickers to Saif, who happened to be working 10 minutes from my house! He is going to bring it to the event.
Thank you Saif!

I’m glad Suresh and Ernie will both be there to cover for me. Sorry to drop this on them but it can’t be helped.
Thanks guys!

I hope you all have a great time. Please take pictures and post them on the boards and/or Instagram
#nexterra
#NER2023
@nexterraclub

Thanks

Damn Tommy I'm sorry. Health and business come first though. Recoup and return stronger for the next one!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:03 pm 
Club Vice President

Another fun NER in the books - thanks for all the attendees & everyone who made the event possible.

We ended up having 6 in the stock group, 6 in the blue’ish group at Rausch, 3 other went to AOAA.

Thank you Tom for leading the stock group, Saif for transporting the shirts & stickers. Josh, Ben, Jeff for leading the other group.

It was cold but otherwise pretty dry, so the trails were in great shape. Everyone had fun. It was, however, a bad day for steering racks - we had them on two separate rigs break on the trail. Both were able to transport out safely. Besides those & the normal minor cosmetic stuff, the whole group did well without no major incidents.

It was good to get out wheeling after a few months (first time after B2SR for me). I posted a few pictures on Instagram. Please post up if you have pics or video of the run. #nexterra #NER2023 @nexterraclub

If you are a current 2023 Supporting Member, there’s a NEA snow run at various properties in the NE on 3/4. More details in the SM section.

Happy wheeling!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:11 am 
Noob

I ended up going out with Tom on some green trails after everyone left. famous last words as i did a CV in the least spectacular manner possible. it started popping and binding in low range but everything was still in one piece. I gently got out, drove a little 2wd, test drove it on the interstate and it seemed fine, made no noises so i hit the road. I drove over 4 hours and finally 6 blocks away from home, it broke while pulling away from a stop sign of all places.
These R180 setups really are made of glass. All part of the fun though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:25 pm 
Club Vice President

Glad you made it almost all the way home. Would have sucked to have it happen half way there.