It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:27 pm

Post subject: Yellow X near Avon, CT
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:39 pm 
Hey guys....I was driving home to Avon, CT from work today (it's only my first week at my hospital in Hartford) and I spied a Yellow X with a yellow UNYX sticker on the back window (and what looked like ski/snowboard rack on top)

Anyway. It made me smile and was just wondering if it was one of you guys and what you were doing out this way. Call me nosey, I don't care....but it made my day.

God bless you all....have a super weekend!!! :wink:

PS. Have you ever had trouble with your tire pressure light coming on when it's wicked cold out? Mine did this morning, but the tires looked perfect. I didn't have time to check them, but it didn't alarm on my way home. Just wondering if anyone's had that happen. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:36 pm 
Supporting Member

Hmm. Perhaps one the the Nexterra guys that came to the B2S run.

I would think that tire pressure light is coming on because of the cold and more dense air. But then again we don't have such frilly features.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:41 pm 
:D Frilly features! HAHAHA! Yah, I'm embarassed at how soccer mom the '05s are. I can't wait to make it look alittle more bad-ass. The damn thing's a tank and when I see it next to a '03 or '04, I'm so jealous of the size difference. (I like the smaller body of the older ones)

And yet, Im completely in love with mine.

THANKS! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:08 pm 
Forum User

Very cool. I have never spotted any except Steve from Nexterra. Now that he lives in AZ and sold his X my X feels lonely in the parking when I am at my client in mass. His former company was in the same building.

The tire pressure little is now one of those little government mandated items. You are probably hovering around the trip point of ~29 psi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:21 pm 
Yah, I'm going to run it over to the gas station (my guage broke at PAP in november) and check it out. Yah, 30s max. Come to think of it, the tires looked 'tight'. there wasn't even the usual slight bulge at the bottom.

I wanted to turn around and go to the lot that the yellow X was in and leave a Christian Crawler card under the wiper....but I was hurrying somewhere else. I almost can't wait till monday to see if it's there again.

A guy stopped next to me at a red light in a dark blue X the other day and asked where Rausch Creek was. (I have a big round sticker on the side window) and I told him just north of Harrisburg. We did the small talk thing and come to find out he's never taken it off road. (of course not, he still had his mudflaps and those cheesy running boards!) I told him that it was "XTERRA abuse" and gave him a couple websites to go to and maybe he could find information and someone to wheel with. Thankfully the light turned green before I could pick on him too badly for never taking the poor X offroad....once I get going, I can't stop. It almost makes me mad. :evil:

Have a super weekend! God Bless!
Pepper

PS. Did you ever get to sell your gas tank skid? I hope so. Sorry that all fell through...I just figured I'd wait for my permanent ones to be fabricated. I have till april. Hope your family's doing well!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:30 pm 
Forum User

gas skid is still int he garage. I am in no rush to sell it. Just too lazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:58 am 
Supporting Member

daggerdoggie wrote:
Hmm. Perhaps one the the Nexterra guys that came to the B2S run.

I would think that tire pressure light is coming on because of the cold and more dense air. But then again we don't have such frilly features.
Scott that sounds like Romeo.You remember the three college kids?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:03 am 
Supporting Member

That's what I was thinking, but I couldn't come up with the name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:26 am 
Forum User

I believe his name is Eric.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:53 am 
Thanks guys. There's a college right near by. I was just curious. Hey, Dagger, the first thing I did was look for the blue lettering!!! hehehe

:wink: You guys are awesome!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:47 pm 
Forum User

Romeo goes to the University of Hartford. Ian was one of his friends that was with us also. I can't remember the other guys name though. I see them all the time at the school, I do work there. I'm glad to see there is someone else in my neck of the woods :thumbup:

"The Retired General Weee"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:37 pm 
Thanks x~

I have only been here a week and I love it. Is there no where to ride out this way? I can't find anything....I've asked around, posted on Craigslist, etc. I just find it hard to believe we have to drive 5 hours to PAP or RC!!!!

Anyway, it IS nice to see other people out this way. I've seen several X's, but some look like they've never seen a trail. Anyway...if you guys find somewhere to go or are going out of state, let me know, I'd love to tag along.

Take care,
Pepper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:39 pm 
Forum User

I was coming home from work on the thruway last friday and passed a silver X with a Nexterra sticker on it.I went by and waved to him,he flashed his lights at me once I passed him,I don't know who it was,but I think it's cool when you see another X from either this club or another club out there while traveling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:59 am 
Forum User

It is....But I havn't seen any. :freak:

"The Retired General Weee"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:10 pm 
Forum User

Pepper wrote:
Thanks x~

I have only been here a week and I love it. Is there no where to ride out this way? I can't find anything....I've asked around, posted on Craigslist, etc. I just find it hard to believe we have to drive 5 hours to PAP or RC!!!!

Anyway, it IS nice to see other people out this way. I've seen several X's, but some look like they've never seen a trail. Anyway...if you guys find somewhere to go or are going out of state, let me know, I'd love to tag along.

Take care,
Pepper

There are some local places. check out www.cave76.org

Also, I know nexterra is having mass run on 3/3