It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 pm

Post subject: Automotive Customizers/4x4parts.com
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:27 am 
Forum User

Two weeks ago today I ordered some stuff from AC. A Skid Row rear bumper, a TJM front bumper, stainless steel brake lines, and a couple of other things. They were quite happy to charge my card the day I placed the order - and then took FOUR BUSINESS DAYS to pull the items and ship them!! :wank: . Supposedly all the parts were sitting on their shelf when I ordered them. That's not all...
A week had gone by when I got my first call from them....The TJM front bumper had been sitting in a warehouse in California for some strange reason (This seems odd to me since AC is located in FLORIDA.)
Apparently there was some confusion with the part number of the bumper, so they decided to ship it to themselves to verify that it would be correct....This in itself seemed like a pretty good idea, as the bumper has to ship via truck freight and would be a huge PITA to return. Not to mention the added time.
So I recieved my rear bumper, and it was bent in four places. Both mounting flanges, and both sides of the top plate. The packing material looked fine - so I called them. Of course they are SURE it happened in transit, so they are going to try to get UPS involved - we'll see where that goes....

So here I am, two weeks later....They have NO IDEA where my TJM bumper is - It's somewhere between CA and FLA. I'm not happy, at all. What do you mean you have no idea??

I was considering finishing off my lift and a few other goodies but I think I'm gonna just find another vendor, or try to have the stuff made locally. Maybe I'll be the guinea pig & see if Calmini has gotten any better than other folks' past experiences. I just can't see any reason why I should give AC any more of my money. This is BS!! :mad:

Post subject: Re: Automotive Customizers/4x4parts.com
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:06 pm 
Supporting Member

I hope they make it right for you. I have not ordered from them in a few years, but I always have had decent service from them.

Keep us posted on what they do.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:08 pm 
Forum User

I have had some issues with them before. But all were taken care of in the end. I suggest you email them (for documentation) and call them daily. If you annoy them enough they will get their ass in gear...

Not to scare you but my issue was when i ordered the TJM bumper from them. I received it and it was rusty in areas. I settled for them just refunding my shipping which was about $200 at the time. Just threaten that you want it sent back and see what they can do. They dont want to have to deal with a returned product that large...

Either way the bumper worked fine since it was cosmetic and i can deal with it, on top of the fact i beat on it so i scratched it up the first day wheeling...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:30 pm 
Forum User

That's pretty much what I did tonight....Thanks for the feedback. I can handle having to do a little painting, I'm in the process of going over my X with POR 15 anyway. It just pisses me off that Mike from AC told me they had one "on the shelf". I would have told them to stuff it already, but the TJM is just a little bit different, and that's what I want....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:55 am 
Forum User

So, after the CEO from AC got quite upset with me because I wanted to know why they didn't have the ability to track my bumper....I found out that AC is a third party distributor, and that my bumper was never shipped from anywhere (2 weeks and 1 day from when I paid for it) I cancelled the order and was given a refund. She couldn't understand why I felt this way - since we had such good communication about everything......telling me "I don't know" every time I call doesn't constitute good communication in my book. Oh well! Back to square one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:37 pm 
Forum User

most of their stuff is dropped shipped. both my ARB bumper and rear locker were dropped shipped straight from ARB in Seattle.
Sorry you had problems w/ them I have bought way to much from them and have never had a problem..if there was it was taken care of.

Tow Rig: '04 Chevy 2500 Crew Cab

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:13 am 
Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about this. I have never ordered from them, But I have heard alot of goods and bads throughout all the years about them. I hope it all works out for ya.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:19 am 
Forum User

Did you get the skid row bumper squared away? They are located a few minutes from the Carlisle fairgrounds. They used my truck to build some of the skids for the 2nd gen x, but gave up still needing to make a transfer cas nd gas tank skid.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:25 am 
Forum User

Yeah, I got the Skid Row bumper in like a week, it was the TJM she was jerking me around on. Somebody must have been pretty rough with the SR bumper either at their warehouse or during shipping. It was bent in 4 places. I made a few adjustments with a BFH and bolted it on. The packing material was in good shape when I got it, so I was thinking it was on AC's end. They swore up & down that they inspected it before it left. AC claimed that UPS dropped the freight claim (they were supposed to be trying to get me a partial shipping credit) due to the fact that I didn't save the packing materials.
In the end I got a Calmini front bumper and I'm really happy with it. No issues with them, the bumper or shipping!