It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 am

Post subject: Formula Nissan - Barre, VT
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:35 am 
Forum User

I had a really good experience with these guys, twice. I thought it was only fair to pass it along. Stuff like this is pretty rare, IMO:
I was never so glad to have found a really good shop as I was a week after I had Formula Nissan in Barre, VT do my timing belt service. Especially when the fan popped off my new water pump and went through the radiator, took out my fan shroud and all my belts, even bent the impeller shaft on my new water pump. I called them up, they sent a tow truck and paid for the entire repair, no questions asked. They supplied a loaner vehicle and delivered my X to me when it was done. Their COST minus the tow was around $1100. They told me afterward that someone at the manufacturing level had installed the wrong studs in the water pump and they broke. In the end, I don't care what caused it really. They took care of it! The service guys and the salesmen couldn't stop commenting on how much they liked my X too!
:thumbup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:42 am 
Forum User

Good to hear about a trustworthy shop! I had mine at Armory Nissan and had an opposite experience, every time I went in the guy would insist that shit was wrong because I was modified, and I've had a generally unpleasant experience, if I was closer to Barre I would definitely use them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:58 pm 
Forum User

:bang:
I didn't think this was appropriate for the Buyer Beware section?? Why put a thread praising a business in a section where it's among threads trashing every other place mentioned?? If it can't be in another section, I'll delete it. It doesn't seem fair since the business name is front & center.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:10 pm 
Forum User

What we could use is a forum for Recommended Shops. There are several I would recommend: Hawthorne Nissan (Hawthorne NJ), McGuire Nissan (Lebanon PA), and Allstar Transmissions (Haledon NJ).

k_enn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:47 pm 
Forum User

I'm 0 for 2 with dealerships. Peters in Nashua and IRA in Tewksbury. They both gave me the run around with my knock sensor, I wish I knew then about the code for the knock sensor coming up without triggering the CEL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:06 pm 
Club President

Constitution wrote:
:bang:
I didn't think this was appropriate for the Buyer Beware section?? Why put a thread praising a business in a section where it's among threads trashing every other place mentioned?? If it can't be in another section, I'll delete it. It doesn't seem fair since the business name is front & center.

My apologies. I moved it. thinking that there were other threads in this section that were giving praise to dealerships. We could just rename this section to Dealership Reviews.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:10 pm 
Forum User

I would really appreciate it if you could do something like that. These guys were really good to me and I'm just not comfortable thinking it might be misunderstood if someone read just the heading.
Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:33 pm 
Supporting Member

Great to hear they took care it for you. That's good service which you certainly deserved.