It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 am

Post subject: Didn't buy anything...but they tried. Port City Nissan
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:50 pm 
Forum User

in Portsmouth, NH. Stay away from this place!
I took my 05 Maxima in for some warranty work and they decided that it was going to cost me over 300 dollars because of an allegedly botched recall job done by Coastal Nissan (in Norwell Mass...an awesome dealership!), where we bought the car. My warranty specifically states that my car is covered for work by any certified Nissan dealer to include repairing any problem that is caused by another certified Nissan dealer...among other things. They never called me to tell me and claimed that they just trudged through the work and then at the end found the problem and then decided it wasn't covered and that they were going to have to charge me. They also gave me grief over a loaner even though my warranty states that I am entitled to one because they had to keep the car overnight. The day I went to pick my car up ended up in a screaming match between the service manager against my wife and I which turned into my Wife flipping her phone open and threatening to dial the police. After laying on the guilt trip to me by saying that if I didn't pay the 300 dollars that his mechanic wasn't going to get paid, he said to me...and some of this is a little foggy due to time...but I remember this one exactly..."If you can sleep tonight knowing what you're doing to me, I'll give you your keys back and I'll pay your bill" to which I replied "Thank you, that would be fine". I will never ever go back there even if my car breaks down 10 feet from their lot. I would pay to get it towed somewhere else first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:29 pm 
Forum User

Sucks man I hate dealing with places because that crap always happens. I have told them to take it out and the refuse... I got basically kicked out of firestone back in DE because of same type of crap... its pitiful that cars are becoming so complicated that you are almost forced to go to a place to get things fixed and then they take you for granted...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:13 am 
Forum User

Man, that sucks. I've gotten pretty lucky with the dealership near my house (Clay Nissan of Norwood). They are extremely good to deal with.

2010 Pathfinder - 2004 Titan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:53 pm 
Supporting Member

...hmmm sounds like Barry's nissan!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:28 am 
Forum User

Coastal in Norwell is awesome. Those guys really did me right and they fixed the part that Port City messed up with no problems and gave me an Altima to drive while they were fixing it. Straight up folks there. I forgot one part of that rant while we were talking to the service manager. While he was arguing with me about not getting paid I said "Don't you guys just do the work and Nissan pays you?" and he says "I don't work for Nissan". There's a big Nissan sign above their lot which is full of Nissan's and signs on every piece of glass that says Nissan behind which sits many people with various types of shirts that say Nissan on them...who would you assume they work for with all of that lol! It was a nightmare for sure. Okay...I'm done. Great to be back in contact with you guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:42 pm 
Forum User

Go a little further up the road to Somersworth Nissan... they were awesome for me to deal with... They replaced my steering gear box without even mentioning the tires and lift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:26 pm 
Forum User

I will second that Somersworth Nissan in NH is good. I had my X towed there after buying it used (not from them either) about a year before when the starter popped, leaving me stranded in a Chili's parking lot.

Service manager took care of covering the starter repair under warranty, AND with getting Nissan to re-imburse me for the towing since I didn't have AAA at the time (do now).

They banged it out fast, AND gave my truck a wash too so she was all nice and clean when I got her. I was impressed since no other dealerships that I know of do this after having a more expensive servicing.

I have not heard a single good thing about Portsmouth Nissan. I stopped in there once to get a fuse and to just check the place out to see if it was even worthwhile considering doing business in there. What a shit show.

Aside from Portsmouth's parts department being full of a bunch of clowns, I thought I was going to get a beatin from their sales folks since a couple of them cornered me asking 20 questions about my truck since it caught their eye with all the extra goodies on it while it was parked up front. The circus act that ensued was highly disturbing: While one of the sales guys was trying to talk to me about my X and offroading, another one comes rallying up in a new 2nd gen Offroad, hops out and says that if I love my 1st gen that I should take the new one out for a drive and trade in my old one.

I was a bit taken back by the over aggressive approach and simply just said thanks but no, I like what I have, to which this ass monkey says, "If you ever want something with more balls than what you have now, you know where to find us." Huh????? Yeah, please oh PLEASE let me do business with you; can I?