It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: My Pathfinder build.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:58 pm 
Supporting Member

Haven't updated this in a bit. Got my snorkel finally plumbed up and mounted. Also had an exhaust leak where my secondary cat is. I deleted both of my secondary cats and straight piped it . It's a lot louder now but not to much to annoy the neighbors. Driver side strut just blew so i'm off to replace that this saturday. Going to take the strut off the truck and take it somewhere to swap my lift coils on the new strut. I don't trust those spring compressors that you rent at an autopart store.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:30 pm 
Supporting Member

Blown strut, most of the oil leaked already. Image

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:48 pm 
Supporting Member

Swapped my passenger front + my driver side front door today. The old ones were rotted around the mirrors. Nissan metal doesn't hold up to the harsh NE winters.

Also discovered one of my seals in my rack and pinion is leaking. Looks like i need a new rack and pinion plus a psing pump (i have a spare). Mind as well put in all new tie rods while i'm in there. Plan to get a lifetime unit from detriot axle.

Bought monstaliner to do the whole pathy in aswell. That should be here next week . I'll plan to get that squared off labor day weekend. I shouldn't see rust on the body for a good while.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:16 pm 
Supporting Member

At Last got my SFD in! Im at 6" in the front and 4.5" in the rear(waiting for a 2" spacer in the mail)

Don't know why i didn't do this earlier results are amazing!
Had some intial problems with my camber as you can see in the photos. Come to find out my strut spacers are installed upside down. I flipped them around and it fixed my camber for the most part , still need camber bolt afterwards to fix a degree or two in my camber. ImageImageImageImageImage

Last edited by Rusty on Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:19 pm 
Supporting Member

A week after driving off my shock blew. Upon removal i noticed my shock sits way to close to the mount and it was rubbing a LOT, which cause the mount of the shock to explode. I added some washers behind it to space it out and its been fine ever since ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:31 am 
Forum User

Rusty,

It's amazing what you're doing to the old pathy, almost makes me wish I'd hung on to mine. Nah, the X is so much easier. Keep sharing!

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:55 am 
Supporting Member

They both have their advantages and disadvantages haha. I have both and still would rather be working on my pathy. Those control arms on the 1st gen X's are a pain! Especially with years of rust accumulated in that area . Thanks for the support!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:42 pm 
Supporting Member

Finally went and installed camber bolts to fix my positive camber. One bolt in each side to level it out. Went and got it alignes and its back to normal. No rolling around with crooked tires anymore. Next thing on the list is to fab or buy a skidplate , got a bunch of open space to crucial parts. ImageImage

Post subject: My Pathfinder build.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:47 am 
Supporting Member

Going to be retiring the pathfinder very soon. Need to find a replacement to swap everything over. This is bad and i don’t feel safe driving it anymore . Image ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:58 pm 
Club President

Man, that sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:30 pm 
Supporting Member

MtDewMike wrote:
Man, that sucks.

Heartbroken. No more wheeling for me for a while. One of my buddies in texas has an infiniti he’s willing to give me for free. Only bad side is it needs a Headgasket plus getting it up here .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:41 pm 
Supporting Member

Back in the offroad game ! Cut out all the rot in my support and grabbed a piece of angle iron and welded that in. Also cut out the pieces above that as they were rotted and cut pieces to fit and welded them in. Just need to figure out what to do for a skid plate. Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:56 pm 
Forum User

Rusty wrote:
Back in the offroad game ! Cut out all the rot in my support and grabbed a piece of angle iron and welded that in. Also cut out the pieces above that as they were rotted and cut pieces to fit and welded them in. Just need to figure out what to do for a skid plate. Image

You have already done son amazing work, you should take that talent and make a skid.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:27 pm 
Supporting Member

Carpy wrote:
Rusty wrote:

You have already done son amazing work, you should take that talent and make a skid.

Thanks a lot for that . Can’t take all the credit though, i did have my buddy help me . I was thinking of trying to find an old stop sign that is not in use and bending it to fit . I could buy a skidplate made specifically for the lift i have but at $250 plus shipping i feel like it would be much cheaper to fab one up . I want it to tie in with my bumper aswell to cover the bottom portion of my condenser . Almost slammed into it a couple times before wheeling . Better safe than sorry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:32 pm 
Forum User

Rusty wrote:
Carpy wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Thanks a lot for that . Can’t take all the credit though, i did have my buddy help me . I was thinking of trying to find an old stop sign that is not in use and bending it to fit . I could buy a skidplate made specifically for the lift i have but at $250 plus shipping i feel like it would be much cheaper to fab one up . I want it to tie in with my bumper aswell to cover the bottom portion of my condenser . Almost slammed into it a couple times before wheeling . Better safe than sorry

Work on a cardboard cutout first then Fab something up, if I could weld id make a front bumper.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next