It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Primer's X the mod bug is back!!!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:03 pm 
Forum User

So I got my GOBI ladder installed today that I won at the B2SR14. I must say Trail Duty is an awesome company to work with. Their communication is great and they shipped it pretty quick. I ordered ir Monday and it came in yesterday. Also I ordered an ARB tire deflator from them. After seeing them in use last weekend I was impressed how fast they worked.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:32 pm 
Forum User

Very nice. Are the lights on both sides and are you going to put one on the rear of the roof rack?

tlca # 22282
proud FJ owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:00 pm 
Forum User

Thanks, I only have them on the passenger side for now. Once I get some time off and nice weather I'm going to tackle the other side. Im still debating if I want to put the other set of lights I have on the front bumper or use them on the back.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:07 pm 
Forum User

I have two 100watt "back up" lights on my roof rack and love them. I got them for when I get to camp late or just have a tailgater that doesn't get the clue lol

tlca # 22282
proud FJ owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:01 pm 
Forum User

Yeah we got a lot of tailgaters in NJ and I always end up at camp late so I might just throw them on the back.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:57 am 
Forum User

Yeah I love them. I also have tinted windows and they help just backing up as well lol

tlca # 22282
proud FJ owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:18 pm 
Forum User

[i :cheers:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:35 pm 
Club President

The ladder looks good, Tim! I'm glad the transaction went well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:10 pm 
Forum User

Finally after a long 2 1/2 years of having a mangled rear bumper on my truck and not being able to tow my seadoo, my dads boat, or be able to get an offroading related recovery from the rear I have it fixed. Last week my Insain fab bumper arrived. It was a little banged up from ups but nothing major that a dead blow hammer can't fix. Monday I took it to the frame shop and got it straightened and that took care of the second part.

Next was getting someone to help fab up some new mounting points for the rear since the old ones were trashed. I found a fabrication shop about 10 minutes from my house. They normally build frames and roll cages for NHRA drag racing cars and lots of custom work, which is why I felt confident on them helping me out.

First thing they cut out the old frame mounts with a plasma cutter. Next was making a new plate and welding some 5/8 nuts to it. I didn't snap any pics of the plates but I will tomorrow.

Heres the semi final install. Tommorow I'm going to redo the bedliner on the rear corners and start running my new cb coax cable and getting the cb re-tuned.

Also a couple weeks ago i replaced my motor mounts with some new prg motor mounts. It rides nice and smooth now ! Theis is what both driver and passenger side looked like.
Also a quick side note I know alot of people jack the motor up from the oil pan to remove and install the mounts but I fojnd it just as easy to use the bellhousing on the trans to do it with the same results. I just felt more comfortable with it that way, I always worried about lifting it too high and damaging the oil pick up.

So these 2 things were big on my list before ECXC and I'm glad to finally have them done. Now just for a few small things here and there. Like replacing the aluminum misalignment spacers on the cheap ebay arms and hardware to the new SS ones and grade 8 bolts I picked up from ballistic fab and PRG.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:14 pm 
Events Committee Member

Very Nice :thumbup:
Congrats on the new Mods. :cheers:
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:43 am 
Club President

Another damaged IF rear bumper? Man. Looks good on the truck, though, Tim.

Silly question, other than looking at them, how do you know when the motor mounts have gone bad?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:06 am 
Club Vice President

MtDewMike wrote:
Silly question, other than looking at them, how do you know when the motor mounts have gone bad?

Ernie once mentioned something like this.... Put the truck in 4lo, front tire against something big, like a boulder. Give it gas like your trying to climb over it...if you see a lot of engine movement, the mounts could be bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:07 am 
Club President

Interesting. Thanks, Suresh.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:10 am 
Forum User

Thanks guys! Yeah my rear bumper had a couple bent brackets and I was missing most of the hardware but I had a feeling that would be the case since it has already happened to a few other bumpers too. Im happy with the purchase though. Its pretty solid and looks great and I love having all of the mounts for the cb antenna, hi lift, and rotopax cans.

Yeah the easiest way to test them is to put the engine under load. With our motor there isn't a lot of room and its hard to get a good look at them to check if they are bad.

The last time I went wheeling I noticed alot of vibration under acceleration. Also driving around town right around 3500 rpm I would get a nasty vibration no matter the speed. From what Ive gathered from the guys on thenewx the factory mounts dont last very long especially if you wheel your truck and mine is at 135k so I figured its a safe bet they were shot.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:04 pm 
Forum User

So it's been a while since my last update. So I'll try and get through the list as best as I can remember.

I upgraded my Engo winch solenoid to a Superwinch contactor setup. I looked at the pictures and it all looked like it would match up and I took a gamble and it did flawlessly!

Swapped out the rear leafs for a set of HD General Spring KC replacements I also put a 2 inch add on them and ditched the overload leaf.

Finally installed my 2 inch body lift that I had been staring at for over a year. Now I just have to get that ugly body gap fixed. This is just a random photo since the lift

Swapped out my old steering wheel for a nice heated leather Pathfinder steering wheel with illuminated controls. I haven't hooked up the heated portion of the wheel yet because it's a lot of work but for the rest of it was plug and play.

Swapped out the steering rack which was about ready to fail on me for a one off of a Fronty with 26k on it. What a pain that was to deal with. It took most of the day with a lot of cursing, beer, busted knuckles, and yet more cursing. The worst part was trying to get the steering shaft separated from the rack and back on. Hopefully I won't have to do that again anytime soon.
I also swapped out the PS pump and added an inline filter

New rear shackles and Whiteline bushings
From this:
To this:

Next up for install is a set of freshly rebuilt 2.0 extended Radflos. I'm just waiting for them to get shipped back to me.

One last thing I decided to upgrade was my tires. The last time at Gremlin Graveyard at the Halloween Run I had trouble keeping traction most of the night and ended up kinda sideways on Diaper Hill. It was a little tense and I scared the shit out of my gf lol. So I decided instead of replicating that at future runs I would get a new set of MTs.
It was a couple of hours of back and fourth trying to decide and I finally picked a set of 285/75/16 MTRs. I know a lot of you are running them on black trails. Plus I have yet to hear anything bad about them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next