It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: XVTer's Rigs
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:11 am 
Forum User

one step forward and two steps back.....

...seems to be the way of my 4Runner lately. Sitting for the past 2+years has taken it's toll on the rig. I got the 3" Body Lift installed and am in the process of cleaning it up and putting it back together.

Decided to dive into the brake issue (complete loss of brakes, fluid leaking over rear axle) and found that my lines are rotting away and the LSPV (load sensing proportioning valve) is completely seized in the 'open' position, allowing all fluid intended for the rear of the rig to go back to the return line to the front of the rig. This return line is spewing fluid and caused a complete loss of brakes - glad my parking brake works:

I'm going to be ditching the proportioning valve and running all new lines with a manually-adjustable proportioning valve. That way if I bust a brake line on the trail, I'll still have SOME brakes.

I am also taking the time to clean up the frame and hit it with some POR-15 to keep the rust in check for a few more years - the original owner had it coated with the rubberized stuff and it's really flaking off now. At least the frame and cross-members are structurally solid. Here's a view of above the upper spring perch (rear coil springs):

While I've got the 4Runner apart I am doing some cleaning:

On another note - we're X-XVTers officially:

We're currently crashing at my in-laws and will be building a new house first thing next spring :woohoo:

....more to come as time allows :cheers:

2010 Pathfinder - 2004 Titan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:24 am 
Club President

XVTer wrote:
On another note - we're X-XVTers officially:

So, does that make you VTers now? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:03 pm 
Forum User

Since both sets of tires for the Camry are pretty much bald, I had to do something so that I could pass inspection now that we've transferred to VT registrations.

I got these wheels which were originally bought for a Sienna off of craigslist for $75. I had the 205/55-16 snow tires in the shed as I was going to use them on my old silver Volvo. The wheels had some pretty heavy oxidation so I sanded them down and hit them with a couple coats of bedliner. Doesn't look that bad:

I also just ordered some new stuff for the 4Runner which should be here on Friday - more to come soon ~

:cheers:

2010 Pathfinder - 2004 Titan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6