It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Suresh/DirtySocks's X (Now has a Jeep)
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 7:06 am 
Supporting Member

For my front track bar, I only replaced the axle side, but that was because I was installing a Prorock 44 with a steering stabilizer relocation bracket and I needed a longer bolt due to the much thicker brackets. My frame side looked good with no signs of damage, so I re-used the factory hardware.

As for the control arms, again I only did the front lower axle side bolts due to the thicker axle brackets. I have gone back & forth a few times between stock LCAs and TFlex Sport LCAs and I've never seen any signs of hole or bolt damage on either end.

IMO, the factory hardware for the track bars and control arms is good stuff as long as it it properly tightened. The flange heads and nuts are nice to help spread out the clamping load.

Now, with all that said, you have a bigger lift, bigger tires and heavier vehicle than me. Plus, you are a little more 'adventurous' than me on the trail. So, since you have the hardware kit I would go ahead and do both sides of the front track bar and the front lower control arms.

The kit from Northridge looks pretty good with the proper Grade C all-metal lock nuts instead of nyloc nuts. I like slightly thicker flat washers, but I'm also really conservative.

Here are the extra thick flat washers that I used:
https://www.allensfasteners.com/detail. ... t_ID=20289

Post subject: Re: Suresh/DirtySocks's X (Now has a Jeep)
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 11:27 am 
Club Vice President

Thanks Jeff. Appreciate the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14