It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: My Pathfinder build.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:35 pm 
Supporting Member

Carpy wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Carpy wrote:
[quote="Rusty"]Back in the offroad game ! Cut out all the rot in my support and grabbed a piece of angle iron and welded that in. Also cut out the pieces above that as they were rotted and cut pieces to fit and welded them in. Just need to figure out what to do for a skid plate. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have already done son amazing work, you should take that talent and make a skid.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for that . Can’t take all the credit though, i did have my buddy help me . I was thinking of trying to find an old stop sign that is not in use and bending it to fit . I could buy a skidplate made specifically for the lift i have but at $250 plus shipping i feel like it would be much cheaper to fab one up . I want it to tie in with my bumper aswell to cover the bottom portion of my condenser . Almost slammed into it a couple times before wheeling . Better safe than sorry

Work on a cardboard cutout first then Fab something up, if I could weld id make a front bumper.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yeah , thats what i was thinking initially. I’m going to see how it does wheeling this saturday (haven’t wheeled in about a year.) Then i’ll get to work on doing a skid plate . After that i’m going to need to do more rot repairs , have 2 holes behind both of my struts .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:58 am 
Supporting Member

Finally got around to lifting the rear more to match the front lift. What i did to achieve this was remove the 4” Jeep WJ coils i had installed and ordered some 6.5” Jeep WJ coils to net me about 7” of lift in the back with the top pig tail cut off. Install was not to bad and took about an hour and a half with the help of my buddies lift. I love these coils they are a nice soft ride not to harsh at all .Lifting it more made me realize one of my U-Joints on my rear driveshaft is shot and has quite a bit of play so that will be the next thing i replace with a stronger than oem unit and grease able just so it can last longer . Moog sells several “ultra strength “ units so i’ll give those a shot .
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:25 pm 
Club President

Glad you were able to resolve the rust issue.

Are you coming to the Back to School Run?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:28 am 
Supporting Member

MtDewMike wrote:
Glad you were able to resolve the rust issue.

Are you coming to the Back to School Run?

I won’t be able to make it, i’m having trouble with u joints on my driveshaft. I tried 3 different brand u joints and they all have play in the same exact spot .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:31 pm 
Supporting Member

Reviving a really old thread.

Been out of the offroading scene for quite a while now. I finally acquired a new rig. From texas and rust free! Pretty much everything already done to it. Needs some minor things that need to be swapped over from ol rusty but I am so happy I'm finally in a lifted pathfinder again and eager to get back on the trails.

Here's a couple of photos when it first arrived at my door step ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:55 pm 
Club President

Nice. What year is it?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:06 pm 
Supporting Member

MtDewMike wrote:
Nice. What year is it?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
2001 , so it has the 3.5l motor opposed to the 3.3l motor I'm so used to. Big perk is I don't have to deal with a timing belt anymore. Unfortunately I've had to replace both camshaft sensors and went with OEM replacements, which were pretty pricey as it is. Thankfully it was a very easy replacement and the sensors were easily accesible on top of the motor. ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:22 am 
Club Vice President

Looks good. What’s been done to it, looks to have a big lift?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:18 am 
Supporting Member

DirtySocks wrote:
Looks good. What’s been done to it, looks to have a big lift?

It actually has the same lift as my old white one

4" sub frame drop with 2" ac lift coils for a total of 6" in the front.

Rear is lifted 6.5" right now.

On my white one i have it lifted 8" to accomadate all my tools and the extra weight . Just haven't got a chance to swap that lift over.

It's on 35s aswell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:40 pm 
Club Vice President

Nice, it looks great.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:03 am 
Supporting Member

DirtySocks wrote:
Nice, it looks great.

Thanks man, Appreciate it. Now if only I could sell my pickup to buy some more parts for this.. that'd be great lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:44 am 
Supporting Member

Things that need to be addressed before I take it on the trails;
-Both Cv Axles replaced (boots are torn badly on the new rig) thankfully it has man hubs so I have it in free mode so the cvs don't turn. I already have both Cvs from the white rig but there is a bunch of small hairline cracks in the boots so I'm trying to find a replacement boot.
-Airbag fixed (Just needs a clockspring which I plan to swap over from the old rig)
-Brake power booster(braking sucks until it warms up already have the part just need to swap it in)
-Rock Sliders transferred over from the old rig
-Re-pack the wheel bearings as PM
-Install the front sway bar quick disconnects (currently it has no sway bars at all)
-Swap over steering shaft from the old rig. (New rigs steering shaft has a ton of play in the joint)

Took the new rig for a quick wash after I re-bedlined the rust prone areas . I'm super excited to start modding and working on this. ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:15 pm 
Club President

Sounds like it's coming together.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:44 pm 
Supporting Member

Update;

Still have an oil leak unfortunately.. will probably try to get that addressed in the next week or so.

Figured I'd mock up swapping over the sliders to the new rig. I cut them off a little too short off the old rig, but it seems like it worked out in my favor. They sit much closer now and I like the look alot more. ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:36 am 
Supporting Member

Figured since I'm parting out ol rusty I wanted to cut into the rotted quarter panel to see if there was any structual support for the heavy tire carrier on these. There is in fact support plates right behind where it bolts. Thought this was pretty cool ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next