It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm

Post subject: Can the snow arrive any faster?!?!?!?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:00 am 
Forum User

I've got to say that I CAN'T WAIT TO HIT THE SLOPES!!!!! Last march - after some high speed carving, I hit a patch of ice that send me flying - then dislocated my shoulder.... it ended my season a little too early.... I still needed a few days of skiing before the end of the season.... I''ve been dying to get back on the slopes..... SO - how did that song go again?!?!? oh yeah: let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..... ;-)

BL, SL, Diff drop, Steering system, Shrockworks front with Warn, Megawarrior, 33'' MTs on Cragar 15X10, Gobi & Raingler nets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:07 am 
Club President

I'm looking forward to snow, but I'm not the snowboarding or skiing type. I'll stick to tubing or sledding. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:14 am 
Forum User

I was looking at the ski arsenal this weekend. Too bad your so far away, I always throw a ski-tuning party in early November. . . cold beer, hot irons and sharp edges . . . good times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:09 am 
Forum User

i cant wait for it 2 me and my boys going skiing as soon as the hills will open (free style skiers) so i guess we got to start new post some think like nexterra ski crew or nexterra going wild on the slopes because when it comes 2 skiing i dont care how far i have to go to enjoy the nature so im looking forward to meet the gang 8))) freeski is the sh..t(free ski or die trying) mixxali4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:52 pm 
Forum User

mtdewmike wrote:
I'm looking forward to snow, but I'm not the snowboarding or skiing type. I'll stick to tubing or sledding. :D

With a little (or a lot) of Vodka - all activities are enjoyable in the snow! ;-)

Freestyledude wrote:
I was looking at the ski arsenal this weekend. Too bad your so far away, I always throw a ski-tuning party in early November. . . cold beer, hot irons and sharp edges . . . good times.

Well - if that's an invitation - I'll probably come down - & do a little wheeling at the same time! Skiing & wheeling - sounds like paradise! (Just need some Vodka) ;-)

BL, SL, Diff drop, Steering system, Shrockworks front with Warn, Megawarrior, 33'' MTs on Cragar 15X10, Gobi & Raingler nets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:24 pm 
Supporting Member

I used to be big into skiing and snowboarding. Now, I'm looking for lots of snow for the best winter activity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prsDwK1tLVs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:39 pm 
Forum User

Is it pathetic that I was jonesin' to make more turns so bad after coming back from mogul ski camp in Whistler this summer that I made a mini run out of a pile of Zamboni scrape? It was so worth it to make another dozen turns in August in the Northeast no matter how ridiculous it must have looked.

Sticks are already primed for the season and pass to Sunday River and Sugarloaf ready and waiting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:59 am 
Forum User

skiing and wheeling i like that :naner2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:30 am 
Forum User

K29398 - moggle camp in Whistler!!!!! sweet!!!!
Why do you go up to Maine to ski when you've got Mt Washington - the highest peak on the east coast - & Loon Mtn in your state?

We really got to hook up for some skiing: An Xterra skiing trip!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:35 am 
Forum User

I'm also looking forward to getting back on ths slopes. Work should slow down a little by December.

2010 Pathfinder - 2004 Titan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:22 pm 
Forum User

Mogul camp was super S I C K!! Was great to ski with some World Cup bumpers and the up and coming super stars of tomorrow. Very eye opening and totally inspiring. I definitely wish I had done it when I was a lot younger since who knows what might have been. I mainly went to fine tune things to keep my game up so I can keep skiing bumps the way I like to for as long as my body will allow it to and so I can still put on a decent showing for when I enter local competitions.

I can't say that I'm a huge fan of Loon, but admittly I haven't skied there in a while and I hear their terrain parks are pretty decent now that they have someone who knows what they're doing.

I grew up skiing in the Mount Washington Valley my whole life until I moved out to Utah for college/skiing/mountain biking and spent six years out there. I loved Attitash for a long time since that's where I made my first turns there at 3 years old and was a freestyle athlete and coach there for a number of years, but the new owners who came in like 3 years ago or so have COMPLETELY ruined the place that I love and considered home for so long. They never make their half pipe even though more than half the work is already done for them with the main structure built into the mountain (too bad, was the longest in the state if not in the Northeast at over 500' long). They never have bumps anymore since the new owner is a shitty skier, so if he can't ski something he has his crew groom it, and their park is scary because their park groomer has no idea what he's doing.

The Riv and the Loaf are where it's at since they usually have great snow, the bumps and terrain parks/super pipe are plentiful and sick. Not to mention you can usually get on the lift there by the end of October and often ski to the end of April if not early May.

Mount Washington/Tuckermans is GREAT and a definite must for any die hard skier; that is when the weather holds out and your legs and lungs are up to the task of a 3-4 hour hike with a 50 lbs pack just to get into the bowl. I usually hike it 2-3 times a year, then hit the AutoRoad when that opens and ski out of the truck in the snowfields to save a few hours of hiking...WIDE open turns all above treeline baby!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:54 am 
Forum User

XVTer wrote:
I'm also looking forward to getting back on ths slopes. Work should slow down a little by December.

Yo Bobby!
We absolutely have to hook up this winter for some skiing! I didn't see if you were attending the Taunton run next week... can you come?

K29398 wrote:
The Riv and the Loaf are where it's at since they usually have great snow, the bumps and terrain parks/super pipe are plentiful and sick. Not to mention you can usually get on the lift there by the end of October and often ski to the end of April if not early May.

Mount Washington/Tuckermans is GREAT and a definite must for any die hard skier; that is when the weather holds out and your legs and lungs are up to the task of a 3-4 hour hike with a 50 lbs pack just to get into the bowl. I usually hike it 2-3 times a year, then hit the AutoRoad when that opens and ski out of the truck in the snowfields to save a few hours of hiking...WIDE open turns all above treeline baby!

Dude.... I am soooooooooooooooooooooo in for mount Washington.... I didn't know it existed since I was at the hospital from my loon accident!!!
If you want company on the mount washington hike (as long as there's a little vodka!) loll - I'm there!!!
Living in New Brunswick for a while, had plans to going to loaf but just couldn't get away from work.... is on my "to do" list.... as for the Riv - I have no idea what/where that is!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:44 pm 
Forum User

so sorry but what state is it in???nexterra ski trip iz big im in !!!I KNOW BEUTIFUL PLACE WITH SOME LOG CABINS white face is the name(lake placed ny)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:29 pm 
Forum User

Nothing planned out yet.... so....White face sounds good to me! early/mid february sound ?!?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:38 pm 
Forum User

yes yes sound very very good!!!