It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:10 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:02 am 
Forum User

motor oil, washer fluid, break fluid, and other important fluids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:54 am 
Supporting Member

Toilet paper for the deep in the woods urges.But always remember,Don't pee into the wind.Or we'll point and laugh.
Magazine for wheel your following a 2wd truck into the woods.
Shovel case you gotta dig yourself out.

Other things you should do as well.
Put loose things away..They can get bounced around and maybe take an eye out.Last I checked my first aid kit I didn't have anything to help out with that one.Well maybe some duct tape.
Bungee cords or rope if you have stuff in the back or even the back seat like I do secure it down using some bungee cords or rope.They too can become projectiles.
Trash bags Take everything you brought into the woods back out with you..They can also be usefull if you spring a fluid leak in catching some of the fluids.
Blue tarp They are a great multi-tasker.You can use them if you need to crawl under your truck.Also if you need to repair something.And they can make a great little sheltered area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:01 pm 
Forum User

RIXterra wrote:
Put loose things away..They can get bounced around and maybe take an eye out.Last I checked my first aid kit I didn't have anything to help out with that one.Well maybe some duct tape.
Bungee cords or rope if you have stuff in the back or even the back seat like I do secure it down using some bungee cords or rope.They too can become projectiles.

some good points Gene. I do try and bungee down as much as I can in the back, especially the cooler and tools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:59 pm 
Supporting Member

I actually had a big ol' bag of tools bounce from the rear over the rear seats and land on the back seats..

Last edited by RIXterra on Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:01 pm 
Supporting Member

Wait a minute Micah...You didn't like the first 2 suggestions?? :woohoo:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:16 pm 
Supporting Member

I bring one, but if things start to burn big, let it burn. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:07 pm 
Global Moderator

While posting in another thread I was thinking about all the crap that I bring with me when I go wheeling. I decided to check out this thread and was wondering why someone wouldn?t put a CB in his or her truck. I?m sure this has been discussed somewhere on this board before but since I?m too lazy a bastard to look for it I?ll just post an opinion here and suffer the consequences.
I?ve had a CB in every vehicle I?ve ever owned. Its cheap and so easy to install a moron could do it (refer to previous sentence). It could not possibly diminish the value of any truck and you can pick up timely traffic reports from the truckers if the need arises. I have both CB and FRS and find the later a disappointment and sometimes even an annoyance almost every time I have to use it. Why don?t you do yourself and your fellow wheelers a favor and spend $30 or $40 and install a CB in your truck before you go wheeling again. :D

Last edited by Bklyn.X on Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:20 pm 
Forum User

I agree. It's so much better tha the FRS I was previously using.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:46 pm 
Supporting Member

I agree with Tom. They are handy to have and if you wheel more than a few times, you should have a CB. I didn't think of it in the list of things to bring because it is already in the truck.

I'm finding the FRS radios annoying. I can't understand most of what people are saying on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:44 pm 
Forum User

I agree as well. But what is even more annoying is having the cb installed, and then still having to have an FRS because most people in the group don't have a CB!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:09 pm 
Forum User

Some groups make a CB a trail ride requirement. I don't know if that's necessary for us, but it shows the importance of the CB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:55 pm 
Global Moderator

Sometimes I feel like making up a few sets before each run. You know a CB, antenna, cigarette plug, bring a screw gun and sell it to the person that is without. Maybe we could post up something before each run and meet up a ? hour early and slap ?em in. Maybe chip in and make it a prize, the ?what the f?k did you say? award or something. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:23 pm 
Noob

But in my goodie box is:
Tool box, flares, Fire X, window washer fluid, 1 8ft tow truck chain, 1 tow strap, 6ft cable, shovle. paper towles, hachet and snips, 4wooden jack blocks, wheel chucks
In my truck: CB, Police scanner, FRS (not used much), gun racks, mag light, Smith and Westen first responce knife (seat belt cutter and window punch)

Post subject: Re: Suggestions on what to bring when you wheel.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:22 pm 
Noob

i've had a pair of 4ft 2x8''s come in handy before for when things get sticky. makes it easier to get unstuck especially if you are wheeling without tow gear.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:05 pm 
Forum User

Bklyn.X wrote:
While posting in another thread I was thinking about all the crap that I bring with me when I go wheeling. I decided to check out this thread and was wondering why someone wouldn?t put a CB in his or her truck. I?m sure this has been discussed somewhere on this board before but since I?m too lazy a bastard to look for it I?ll just post an opinion here and suffer the consequences.
I?ve had a CB in every vehicle I?ve ever owned. Its cheap and so easy to install a moron could do it (refer to previous sentence). It could not possibly diminish the value of any truck and you can pick up timely traffic reports from the truckers if the need arises. I have both CB and FRS and find the later a disappointment and sometimes even an annoyance almost every time I have to use it. Why don?t you do yourself and your fellow wheelers a favor and spend $30 or $40 and install a CB in your truck before you go wheeling again. :D

If I were looking for a CB radio, what make/model would you recommend? I don't know the first thing about CB's and store clerks want you to spend the most $$$ when it's usually not necessary.

Any suggestions?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next