It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:41 pm

Post subject: Lug Nuts....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:05 am 
Forum User

so...i finally installed my AAL"s on saturday and ended up breaking on of the right rear lugs clean off. i have no clue on where to buy a replacement. i need 2 right now. i also cross threaded one on the front drivers side when i was doing th UCA's when i thought i was a nascar crew chief :thumbup: also this may be stupid but how do you get them out? my only thought was to beat the hell out of them. i need help bad. plus i also got the BL installed on monday. it looks insane. will get some pics up soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:57 pm 
Forum User

????? Are you talking about the nuts that go on the U bolts? And what did you cross thread on the UCA ??? :?:

To get the UCA's out, you'll most likely have to cut the camber bolts... and buy new camber bolts and washers and nuts from the dealer... unless you have an air hammer. They usually cease inside the bushing.

Jeep TJ - Lifted like everybody else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:35 pm 
Supporting Member

Lug nuts you can get at the dealer, or I am sure that NAPA sells them as well, they should have them for an Xterra.

Many people have to cut out the UCA bolts, often they won't even come out with an air hammer. The only place to get new ones is at the dealer. Get everything: the bolts, nuts and cam washers. It will cost you about $70 for all four.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:35 am 
Forum User

ive already dont the uca's. i was talking about the lugs on for the tire. i broke one and stripped one. i just dont knoe hoe to get them out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:46 am 
Forum User

Are you trying to get them off with an air tool or by hand? I'd say heat it up a little bit, then try by hand... Jesus.... who them on there so tight?

Jeep TJ - Lifted like everybody else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:05 pm 
Supporting Member

To get the lug studs off, it depends on whether it is the front or the back. For the front, you might as well repack the wheel bearings while you are at it. You have to remove the locking hub, and the hub; remove the rotor and pound the stripped or broken stud from the outside in. To put the new stud in, push it in from the back and tap it a few times with a hammer. Put three or four washers on the threaded side of the stud and then tighten a lug nut down on it and you are set. Take off the lug nut and reinstall everything.

For the rear, you just have to remove the drum...with the wheel off, parking brake off, tap around the drum with a hammer to loosen it up and slide it off. There ae also two threaded holes on the drum so you can install two bolts and remove it like using harmonic balancing remover tool.