It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

Post subject: Re: The BENRUS Golf Open - Wyoming, RI....anyone going????
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:26 am 
Club President

Tom, I can't picture you playing golf. I can see you swearing at the ball all day long.

Scratch, you're our second official photographer here! Justin (BKxterra718) also does photography. Check out his site.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:30 am 
Forum User

MtDewMike wrote:
Tom, I can't picture you playing golf. I can see you swearing at the ball all day long.

Scratch, you're our second official photographer here! Justin (BKxterra718) also does photography. Check out his site.

Golf was invented so men could exert their anger on something other than their vehicles and homes haha.

Mike, I did a quick browse through some of his pics...they are pretty badass! (had to make it quick since Im just taking a quick break here and there at work...in at 7 and nothing has gone right today haha)

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength" - Phil. 4:13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:16 pm 
Global Moderator

Ha, I never swear at the ball unless it is someone else’s ball that was hit near me. I can honestly say that I seldom swear aloud on a golf course. You’ll see me mumbling at myself buts that’s it.

You really can’t blame anyone or anything on your bad game of golf…I mean the ball is just sitting there, all ya gotta do is hit it straight. Most of the game is in your head and most of the time you’re playing against yourself; your last game, last hole or even your last shot.

I haven’t been playing as often as I used to so my game is pretty bad at the moment.

When I used to play often I preferred to play with strangers so that I wouldn’t feel obligated to socialize. I could just be courteous, follow proper etiquette, try to get my head right, concentrate on my own game and my good time…

:shock: ...wow, I did not realize how familiar that is to another game I play…I guess I’ve never been much of a “team player”…

Justin’s work is awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:30 pm 
Forum User

Bklyn.X wrote:
Ha, I never swear at the ball unless it is someone else’s ball that was hit near me. I can honestly say that I seldom swear aloud on a golf course. You’ll see me mumbling at myself buts that’s it.

You really can’t blame anyone or anything on your bad game of golf…I mean the ball is just sitting there, all ya gotta do is hit it straight. Most of the game is in your head and most of the time you’re playing against yourself; your last game, last hole or even your last shot.

I haven’t been playing as often as I used to so my game is pretty bad at the moment.

When I used to play often I preferred to play with strangers so that I wouldn’t feel obligated to socialize. I could just be courteous, follow proper etiquette, try to get my head right, concentrate on my own game and my good time…

:shock: ...wow, I did not realize how familiar that is to another game I play…I guess I’ve never been much of a “team player”…

Justin’s work is awesome.

That last comment (before Justin) made me laugh out loud like an idiot with clients sitting in the waiting room at the office...looked at me like a I head two heads

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength" - Phil. 4:13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:44 pm 
Club President

Scratch wrote:
Bklyn.X wrote:

That last comment (before Justin) made me laugh out loud like an idiot with clients sitting in the waiting room at the office...looked at me like a I head two heads

Tom will tell you that it's always about him and his good time, but I tend to disagree. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:50 pm 
Global Moderator

Golf is a battle against your own emotions. No one else can make you hit a bad shot. It's all you. It's all about repetition and practice. I haven't played in years but when I did people that only played once in while but expected to be really good made me laugh. STFU dink, you obviously have not put in the time. I didn't either so I went to enjoy the walk. I tried but did not flip as some of these idiots do when they don't do well. Sometimes a good couple of holes or shots make the day for me.