It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:33 am

Post subject: Opening Day!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:50 pm 
Global Moderator

Went to the Yankees Opening Day with my son, brother, nephew and a few friends today at the new stadium.
Had a great time until the seventh inning when Jose Veras took a dump and the Yanks lost. :x
Rest of my pictures HERE.
Actually had a great time, the new Stadium is awesome and I can?t wait to go back. Maybe the Yankees will win one. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:19 pm 
Forum User

Looks like a great new stadium Tom! Too bad your team sucks. :D

2" B/L, 4.56 Gears, Titan Front Diff, ARB Rear Air Locker
PRG Titan UCAs, Radflo 2.5" Coilovers - 600lb
PRG Shackles, Radflo's 2.0 Emulsion Rears, Alcan Full Leaf Pack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:21 pm 
Forum User

I heard beers are $9.50. Ouch!
Glad you had a good time! It was a great day for a game!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:57 pm 
Global Moderator

SeXterraPA wrote:
Looks like a great new stadium Tom! Too bad your team sucks. :D

Thanks, the Stadium is very cool and my team did suck today.:nIn:
It was still better than work. :D

BigE515 wrote:
I heard beers are $9.50. Ouch!
Glad you had a good time! It was a great day for a game!

Thanks, the draft beer I had was $6, still too much but I only had a few because I had been drinking in the parking since 9am. The $9.50 beer was in a BS plastic souvenir cup. I passed on that item.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:00 pm 
Supporting Member

I was listening to highlights on the radio today and thought of you. I was sure you were there. Looks like a great time. Give us more details on the new stadium. Do you miss the old one at all?

I'm not so sure about the Yankees sucking this season. It's early and they have a lot of depth in pitching, in theory. Now they just have to throw the ball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:13 pm 
Forum User

Hey Tom, sorry that your bullpen gave up the game today.

Of course, that is why I think Joba should have been kept in the bullpen instead of being made into a starter.

As a Sox fan, though, I'm not that sorry the Yankees lost (hey, you know how it is...)

I saw the start of the game on MLB network, and listened to the rest of it while clearing Debris from my mtoehrs yard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:13 pm 
Forum User

Tom, here's my opening day gift to you - so you can see your teams new home in full from where you were sitting....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:24 pm 
Global Moderator

Wow Jeff thanks for the panorama! I would have liked to see Joba stay in the pen as well but you never know we?ll see how he does today. I?m feeling that Girardi out thought himself yesterday and changed pitchers once to often. He is under such pressure by the NY media and fans that he over thinks things. After Veras gave up the grand slam the crowd started chanting ?We want Swisher!"? it was hilarious.

I have a ton of fond memories of the old stadium. Besides the obvious; my first game, my daughters and sons first game, so many individual games, opening days, playoffs, world series and world series title games there are also memories of getting thrown out, scams run on the restaurants and vendors, and just knowing the little ins and out of the place. Where to park, where the short bathroom lines are, what to eat and what not to eat, crap like that. What I?ll miss most are the choice seats that my crew had worked ourselves up to in our partial plan. Those seats are now unavailable in that plan and even if they where they?d be over $225 per game (when we first started the plan we were paying $14 per game). I can?t quite swing that on a regular basis. When they first started talking about a new stadium I thought ?what for, this place is great?.

However they spared no expense on the new place. There are so many bathrooms and they are so big that even if there is a line you?re in and out in less than an inning. There are no walkways in front of any seat in the place so no one is ever blocking your view. If you go to get a beverage or something to eat you never lose sight of the field, it is all open...everywhere, even upstairs. If there is a play you missed there are HD TVs everywhere to catch a replay. There is nowhere in the place where you feel crowded whereas in the old stadium you felt like cattle unless you were at your seat. There are 16 giant elevators that are so accommodating that I used one when leaving at the end of the game. There is a museum that you can visit that is very cool with signed baseballs and past trophies (in the pictures). The food looked great though I did not eat because I had the tailgate before the game (clams, kielbasa, halibut, steak, shrimp, sausage and peppers).

I have a game with my crews? partial plan and I?m sure there?ll be more stuff to revere or criticize?
?besides the team. :roll: