It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:39 am

Post subject: I can hear the chants already! hahaha
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:58 pm 
Forum User

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AipsAvlUjZ5k1rcre3iqYro5nYcB?slug=dw-rodrigueztest020709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
I'm shocked that a class act like him would use steroids. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:45 pm 
Forum User

He is all cabala(sic?) now, which is probably worse. He is not going to be treated kind in the new yankee stadium this year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:04 am 
Forum User

A-Roid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am 
Global Moderator

I know this crap happened back when he was a Ranger but WTF? :? This guy just can?t seem to get out of his own way. Most Yankee fans I know wish that when he was holding out for more money the Yankees stuck to their guns and let him go. People hate him here and most feel that the Yankees will never win the whole thing while he?s here. Like he?s a curse...
...and this was before this story broke.
The only way he?ll be able to redeem himself is if he does something heroic that brings the Yankees a championship, then all will be forgotten and we?ll love him. Does not seem likely based on his past performances in post season.
A-Hole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:10 pm 
Global Moderator

Man I don?t know how this is playing in other parts of the country but in NYC it?s crazy. Every day this story is front and back page news. Yesterday the Daily News had ?11 pages of A-ROID coverage?. I mean how much is there to say? The consensus here seems to be that the Yankees should eat the rest of his contract and get rid of him. It wouldn?t break my heart to see him gone but I seriously doubt the Yankees will eat the over two million dollars left in his contract.
I do agree with Schilling; if one name is released, all the names should be. For non-Yankee fans to think that A-Hole and the Yankees are the only ones guilty is, to say the least, na?ve; so the only way to show any outrage is to stay away from baseball completely, not just the Yankee baseball but all of baseball. Anything less is bullshit. Only when the baseball hierarchy feels a pinch in their wallets will anything really change. I think it will come down to whether or not you care how the hot dog is made. Ether you have a salad or don?t care and enjoy the hot dog.
I know it gives the rest of the world a chuckle but right now it sure is hard for this Yankee fan get too excited about the upcoming season, the new stadium, CC, AJ and Teixeira with all this going on topped off by the exorbitant new ticket prices. But hey, I love to go to a ball park and watch baseball. I never held it up as this ?holy? or ?revered? game. Players and management have been cheating at it since its inception. I?m not saying anyone should be aloud to get away with it but to be so outraged? My past is not so squeaky clean that I can afford to be that shocked or offended. Does it ?set a bad example for the kids?? Sure it does, but with all the crap that adults in the public eye do; give me a break and raise your own kids. So, even though I admit that I?m a bit ashamed to say it and I will understand when most of you do not want to hang out with me any longer, when all is said and done, I hope to be in one of the new Yankee stadium parking lots with some friends and family on opening day looking forward to another season in the sun and grilling up some hot dogs. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:49 pm 
Global Moderator

Brett Farve retired today so A-Hole will get a bit of a break in the New York press tomorrow. :roll: