It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:23 am

Post subject: Kokopop, how about them Yankees?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:41 pm 
Forum User

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:22 am 
Supporting Member

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:22 am 
Supporting Member

Damn I figured there would have been a riot in here already..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:45 am 
Global Moderator

:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:58 am 
Image <---hey, how'd THIS get in here?!?!?!!

Go SOX! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:08 am 
Forum User

Yes yes, it sucks they lost. Most of us knew it was going to happen back in April, so it's not a shocker.

XterraXtian (Pepper) wrote:
Image <---hey, how'd THIS get in here?!?!?!!

He is on my 'Could get hit by a bus and I wouldn't care' list. I can't stand him. He's the biggest prick in the sport and there is no need for him. I hope he breaks a leg and can't ever play again. He's the sole reason why I don't like the sox. If they didn't have him..would be a different story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:19 am 
Global Moderator

Best hitter in baseball today, grew up in NY, to bad he's such an asshole.
Go SOX!
You're from Boston?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:19 am 
HAHAHA!!!! JEFF, You sound like a woman I know...... :wave: (I'll wave to her just in case she sees this)

Anyway...what did Manny ever do to you???? :D (actually, I have no idea what he's like outside the stadium, he MAY be a dick......but otherwise, on the field, he seems great. He's a ball-player)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:23 am 
Tom, I'm from the other end of the state....in the Berkshires. (Pittsfield, to be exact, it's just no one's ever really heard of it, so I just say the Berkshires) Born and raised a Red Sox fan. Played ball since I was 7 thru to HS. In the past, being a Sox fan was frustrating, lonely and disappointing to say the least....I;m wicked psyched for them in the past years. All the crying and stickin' by them that we did as fans has paid off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:47 am 
Global Moderator

Born and raised a Red Sox fan.
I?m glad to hear that. I don?t mind taking crap from ?real? Boston fans; folks that waited, suffered and took crap for years. But disgruntled Met fans, folks who became Sox?s fans ?cause they went to school in Boston or Yankee haters (excluding real Sox?s fans) in general can kiss my ass.

Every a$$hole is at my job today to break my balls, if you weren?t a Boston Red Sox fan from your childhood I shouldn?t have to listen to your bullshit, you haven?t earned the right so shut the F*#k up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:26 am 
I agree with you, Tom. And in reality, I may dislike (terribly) the Yankees, but don't usually rub it in when they lose. I just posted the Manny pic to be funny about my Sox happiness. Yeah, there were times it was almost embarassing being a fan. But I'd have to thank my grandmother, she was their BIGGEST fan. Listened to EVERY game on the radio (even up to last year!!!) while knitting. Occaisionally, she'd put her stuff down and yell something at the radio. She collected stuff from WAY back and it's still all here. She even has 40 year old score cards she kept for my grandpa for when he was working and couldn't listen to a game.

I remember some Yankee fans I worked with back in 2004 in AK.....they were all over my crap when they were beating us...but when we came back to win it, they were silent. I remember the news being on and it was showing the team and everyone celebrating when we won the series...and the Yankee fan in the room with me literally said, "I don't see what the big deal is". Oh, Mrs Jealousy, maybe the fact that they haven't won a series in 86 years???? It made me sick actually. You bet she would have been obnoxious as hell had the Yankees won.

Hang in there with the razzing... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:28 am 
Forum User

:evil:
Dang Indians

I've gotten so much crap this morning about the yanks losing that I really hope the sox lose now. I usually don't care one way or the other once the yanks lose.

2010 Pathfinder - 2004 Titan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:34 am 
Awww...c'mon, Bobby....come to the Sox side....come into the light. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sorry about your Yankees. I had no idea the Indians were so good. Surprised me. I thought for sure we'd see eachother, and not the Indians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:36 am 
Seriously though.....why is Manny an asshole?
I don't get into politics or anything, so I may be clueless to it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:42 pm 
Global Moderator

I?d rather not get into what I think is wrong with Manny at this time, enjoy the post season Pepper afterwards we can get into it. :D It sounds like the Yankee fan you had to deal with is like the Sox?s fans I deal with now, don?t know $hit about baseball just going along with what they think is hip. Even though I?ve had my share of rooting for a winning team I never will deny a long time fan their day in the sun. I?ve been a Jet fan since Broadway Joe played and have suffered every season after. A few years ago when they had won just one game (could happen again this year) I was wearing a Jets coat while driving on the NJ turnpike and when I went to pay the toll the tollbooth guy shook his head, told me I had suffered enough and paid my toll. :shock: Talk about humiliating. :oops:

Unless Colorado rolls through on momentum I don?t see how the Sox?s can lose (I?m not going to root for them, sorry). I don?t think Cleveland is that good, the Yankees just sucked. With their line up there was no excuse to lose that series no matter how bad the pitching is. After wasting the gem that Pettitte pitched they didn?t deserve to win though I?m glad they didn?t get swept because I went to game 3 and had a great time. And the D?Back?s.. give me a break.