It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 am

Post subject: Replacement LED's
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:54 pm 
Club President

At the Halloween Run, I was chatting with Scott (08XOR) about some replacement LED's I had installed in the truck.

I first purchased this set of replacement interior LED's from Amazon:
Classy Autos Nissan Xterra White Interior LED Package (8 Pieces)

I like them - they're bright. However, whether the truck is on or off, there is a glow coming from the LED's. A friend of mine mentioned something about resistance I think between the LED's and the incandescent bulbs, but I really don't remember.

I then stumbled across this replacement interior LED by Philips also on Amazon:
Philips 30mm festoon Bright White Interior Vision LED light (Pack of 1)

I liked this one much better, mostly because of it's construction and quality. It looks to be very well built, as opposed to the replacements from the the first kit I bought. I only bought one of these Philips, and installed it in the front, passenger side dome light. The Philips is slightly dimmer than the LED from the first kit, but I noticed that it does not glow as much when the lights are off.

I checked out what else they offered. I found and purchased replacement license plate LED's (Philips 194 Bright White Interior Vision LED light (Pack of 2)), and rear backups LED's (Philips 921 White Vision LED Back-up light (Pack of 2)).

Yes, the Philips are more expensive, but I'm very pleased with the quality of them. If and when the interior LED's from the first kit die, I'll definitely be replacing them with the Philips interior LED's.