It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 pm

Post subject: Shop Recommendation - CT - Valley Truck & Offroad
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:38 pm 
Club Vice President

Recently has my 4door JK lift, wheels/tires, skids, front axle gussets & ball joints done at Valley Truck & Offroad.

Prior to this a few years ago, had ball joints & the gussets installed for my previous 2door JK.

If youā€™re looking for a shop to do some work - I would recommend checking them out.

Truck & Offroad in Elington, CT
43 Lower Butcher Rd
Elington CT
Shop phone - 860-872-0004
Brent Moser - 860-558-1479

Brent is the owner & the guy to talk to. Not sure how many guys work for him, Iā€™ve seen two...but they are always busy. Lots of big mud trucks always present. Thereā€™s no ā€˜office staffā€™ so might need to leave a message. Heā€™ll reply by the end of the day. Kept me updated via texts & calls through the few days he had my Jeep in the shop.

IMO reasonable labor & doesnā€™t overcharge. Knows what heā€™s doing & doesnā€™t mess around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Shop Recommendation - CT - Valley Truck & Offroad
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:53 pm 
Club Vice President

murphy wrote:
I second the recommendation for Valley. I canā€™t receive his work from personal experience, but my friend CJ had a gas Chevy 2500 and diesel Ram 3500 worked on by Brent at different times. My friend is a Yeet-yeet, roll coal, country boy type. Brent did a pretty tall drop bracket on the Chevy and something like an 8ā€ lift on the Ram. It was a while ago, so I may not remember correctly, but I think he did exhaust, intake, wheels and tires, and tuning or programming of some sort on each of them. I think he also put a rear winch in the Chevy. The fairlead was behind the license plate. Somehow the plate clipped onto the rollers. It was pretty cool.

Brentā€™s work survived CJ jumping his Chevy a bunch of times. I guess at one point CJ grabbed the front bumper with the tire and pulled the bumper off the truck. Iā€™m not exactly sure how, there was about a foot between the tire and bumper. I didnā€™t see the jump, but I did see the aftermath in the driveway. He must have got that thing up there!

Iā€™ve been to his shop a couple times looking for some generic off road stuff, like shackles, tow points, and straps. He doesnā€™t have anything Nissan specific in stock. Like Suresh said, he was busy. His father couldnā€™t answer a question I had, Brent was willing to break away from what heā€™s working on for a minute to help me as a customer.

BostonX wrote:
That's great to hear another positive opinion. The only thing I've noticed is that on their FB page there are no Nissans that I could find. He seems to specialize in Jeeps and full size pickups. I can't imagine it would matter though.

Also, if I'm thread jacking, my apologies and feel free to reassign to a different forum.

murphy wrote:
He definitely deals in Jeeps and full size rigs. But we had a pretty good conversation about my having the Titan swap. He had never heard of it before. He seemed genuinely interested that the parts interchange between the Titan and X, even if it was just professional interest.

Iā€™d call or message him about it. Iā€™m sure he doesnā€™t care what vehicle brand he works on. But sometimes a shop will get funny if you bring your own parts. Although I donā€™t think he would.

DirtySocks wrote:
They do have a store in the shop. I had my lift & wheels/tires orders through Brent. Told him what I wanted (I was specific about some things like the lift & options but not all), he ordered the stuff.

The previous time I went to him, I took gussets & the ball joints I wanted installed. Like John said, best to talk to him. Heā€™s flexible & should accommodate most reasonable requests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk