It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: first bike?
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:39 am 
Global Moderator

Bklyn.X wrote:
Pretty much healed as much as it will ever be at my age.
Sent from 718 using Tapatalk...

I hear that. Glad to read it.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:50 am 
Forum User

Nice new ride. Just take it easy until you get used to the power. The jump from a 250 to a 950 will be very noticeble. It took me a while to used to the jump from a 650 to a 1300, and I was glad at times that I had traction control.

Tom, I was not aware of your shoulder injury, glad to hear it is getting better.

Most of my spare time is now spent riding the motorcycle. So of course I would be up another Xterra motorcycle run. I recall we had a thread last year about some possible areas. Let's see if we can do it this year.

k_enn

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:10 pm 
Forum User

sorry to hear about the injury, Tom...hope you are feeling better

great to hear from you ken...there's a silver supercharged xterra with the 5 speed around the corner from me, reminds me of your old truck :)

the power difference has been a bit of a learning curve, though I've only put 60 miles on it around town due to the weather and personal schedule...hope to get out for a nice long ride this weekend....one thing I'm trying to get comfortable with is the throttle response...not sure if it's because of the engine size, fuel injection, v twin vs inline, or a combination of everything, but the first few rides I was very jerky on the throttle when shifting. I'm beginning to get the hang of it, but I'm betting it will take a few more miles to get comfortable with

Depending on how much highway experience I get under my belt this season, I may be up for a big group ride (if former xterra owners are allowed :o )

I AM McLOVIN!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:36 am 
Global Moderator

Thanks bro, I am. I hate to break the bad news to you girls but the older you get the harder it is to heal.

The power difference is a combination of everything you "upgraded". Engine size (horsepower), fuel injection and v twin vs inline (low end torque). My V-Twin will always give me a nice "bump" off the line whereas I'd had to rev up the RPMs and kinda pop the clutch on my inline to get her to jump. I changed to a "1/4 turn" throttle on my jap bikes back when I was living the "squid" life. You'll get used to it soon.

NEXTerra Motorcycle Meet 2016 Thread HERE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6