It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 am

Post subject: dumb a$$ dealer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:24 pm 
Forum User

You would think a dealership would know their own brand. Not so. Took the bike in last week for a new rear tire. They didn't have anything in stock that would fit, so they ordered one. Fair enough.

Was going to take in today to get the tire put on. Good thing I asked them over the phone if they had a tube for the tire. The service manager says "tube? its a tubeless tire." I told him the tire may be tubeless, but the wheel is not. He checks with the mechanic, confirms it needs a tube. (duh?). And of course, they don't have a tube anywhere in the dealership that can be used with that tire.

You would think they know their own brand to know a tire needs a tube on these wheels. Sadly, they are the dealer in the area.

Post subject: Re: dumb a$$ dealer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:36 pm 
Supporting Member

Holy cow...
yes, I would think that they would know better

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:41 pm 
Forum User

The craziness does not stop. They called today to say they got the stuff in (I added a new front tire and tube to my order). They said I could bring it in Saturday. I asked the guy to confirm that they had both tires and both tubes. Not. They only ordered one tube. They know they need tubes on this bike, and I am ordering two tires. So why do they order only one tube?

k_enn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:46 pm 
Forum User

Well the dealer is not all bad. They did get everything in and I took the bike in to get the tires changed.

The rear wheel probably has not been off the bike for nine or ten years (yes, I know I was well overdue using a tire that old). It was really stuck on there. It took the service tech well over an hour, a BFH and blocks, and shit load of cussing just to get the tire off of the bike. (I was able to look in shop, and know that he was not just f*cking off all that time). Then he also had the time of taking the tire off the rim, mounting the new tire and tube, balancing the wheel, etc. But when it came time for the bill, they only charged book time for work, not actual time which they would have been justified in charging under the circumstance.

Good thing I didn't get a flat recently while on the road. I would have really been screwed being unable to get the wheel off to fix the flat.

Looks like I will be going back to them in the not too distant future to have the steering head bearings and races replaced.

Catching up on deferred maintenance sucks, but that's what happens when you don't have anyone in the area for a number of years that is familiar with these old bikes.

k_enn