It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:38 am

Post subject: saw a bad one today
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:29 pm 
Global Moderator

I heard and then saw the aftermath of a bad accident this morning right outside of work. A guy in a Honda Pilot made a u turn in front of a kid racing to beat the light on his brand new CBR600F4i and took him out.
Pretty crazy, he was conscious but his leg was broken so badly that a piece of bone came thru his thigh and his foot was up by his ear. He got his cell out and call his friend to get his bike. Tough kid.

Please be careful yo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:19 pm 
Forum User

It's never good when a rider gets hit. Even worse when it involves a mid-size or large vehicle. I once saw the aftermath of two guys on sport bike (running from the cops) go through a red light and slam broadside into a Mercedes SUV. I think those guys had some internal injuries.

I see you used the word "racing" to beat a light. Riding a bike on the road like you are pro rider on race course is stupid an dangerous. The thought of high speed riding in an urban setting is scary, and dangerous. See what could happen when racing is mixed with urban settings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VruWHHEn ... re=related

k_enn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:24 pm 
Forum User

I saw one memorial day weekend on the Nj turnpike. It was raining and in a group of bikes one big guy put his bike down and ended up in the concrete barrier.

On a sad note, but cousin when he was 17 had an accident were a motorcyclist was running the wrong way down a one way street at night with no helmet and no lights. The guy crashed head on into him and did not survive. My cousin is still traumatized 8 years later.