It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 am

Post subject: Whiskydog the fisherman of the family
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:40 am 
Forum User

So i'm relaxing on this floating mattress in the lake in my back yard. I see my dog plunging his snout in the water. There's a lot of sunfish in this lake so I thought he was getting those. I remember thinking that he'd probably get poked by the little darts they have & that would be the end of his fishing career but no..... He pulled a pike out of the water! :shock: about 10/12 inches long!!! He dropped it on the beach - by then it was already dead (he's shepherd/rotty mix so he's got some jaw!) and he was waiting for me to take it / thank him!!! He was soooooo proud & happy - you should have seen him!
A man's best friend!

I don't fish/hunt so I wasn't sure wtf that fish was - it looked like a fish from hell... like a barracuda! Now that I know it's a pike (thanks bra), sure as hell wouldn't want them to bite me when I'm swimming! They don't attack "peaceful" (hahaha) humans that are laying on floating devices do they? :?:

BL, SL, Diff drop, Steering system, Shrockworks front with Warn, Megawarrior, 33'' MTs on Cragar 15X10, Gobi & Raingler nets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:57 am 
Club President

I'm not sure about the fish, but do you have pictures of Whiskey's victim? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:19 pm 
Forum User

that's nuts!

2010 Pathfinder - 2004 Titan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:56 pm 
Forum User

When it happened, the neighbor's son & his GF were there with the baby... So I went in my house to grad the camera & a plastic bag to pick it up / toss it & by the time I was back, he had already tossed it in the woods cause he didn't want his baby girl near it.
So unfortunately, no pics!

When I finish my workout or jogging - I always go swim then sit in the lake... the sun fish swim right in my hands.... hope not to see those pikes come near me.... you'll see me running out of there pretty fast!!! lollll

BL, SL, Diff drop, Steering system, Shrockworks front with Warn, Megawarrior, 33'' MTs on Cragar 15X10, Gobi & Raingler nets!

Last edited by Trailz on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:10 pm 
Forum User

That's awesome.
Good dog!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:36 pm 
Forum User

O1SalsaX wrote:
That's awesome.
Good dog!!

Yep! 8) trained him myself!!! I rescued him from the SPCA when he was a pup... the best 60$ I've spent in my life.

I brought him at the Gremlin graveyard run in October.... not sure if you were there.... probably will bring him at the back to school run!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:06 am 
Club President

Trailz wrote:
I brought him at the Gremlin graveyard run in October.... not sure if you were there.... probably will bring him at the back to school run!

FYI - Scott has 2 dogs. I know Cornick used to bring his lab to the runs and it got along fine with Scott's, but I just wanted to give you the heads up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:37 am 
Forum User

My dog has been socialized since he's a pup.... he has no agressivity towards other dogs.... Crystal has a small dog & they are like best friends! We'll see.... I might have buddy come stay with Whisky at the house so no one tries to get in while i'm gone! not too sure what's going to happen yet!
Thanks for the heads up Mike....
You & your fianc? (I forgot her name - me & my legendary memory) have to come over for a little BBQ before summer is over... when r u guys available?