It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm

Post subject: NEA4WD Q2 meeting May 1st
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:25 pm 
Club Secretary

Just wondering if anyone else is interested in attending. I’ll be attending the meeting. I probably won’t wheel unless others in our club wheel also.

Info posted from the NEA4WD forum.
What: May 2021 Meeting
Where: Mass Mudders Clubhouse, 14 Kondelin Road, Gloucester, Ma 01930 (Google Map)
Date: Saturday May 1st, 2021
Time: 10:00 am - noon

The May meeting will be hosted by Mass Mudders with wheeling at The Pipeline following the meeting. As always, ALL MEMBERS ARE WELCOME however space is limited to 40 persons at the meeting and 25 rigs for wheeling. If people are showing up just to wheel then arrive at the Kondelin Rd location shortly before noon. The property is approximately 3.5 miles from the meeting location and there is parking for about 20 trailers at the property. Minimum requirements for wheeling are 33's, one locker, and a fire extinguisher.

In order to manage attendance please RSVP with name and club affiliation of attendee and indicate if they will be attending meeting, wheeling, or both. Also please include a brief rig description. For now lets limit wheeling to 2 rigs/club. After a week first come, first serve.

EDIT: Also intended to mention that if there is interest, we can set up Skype/Zoom session for those who prefer to participate remotely.

Preliminary Agenda
Treasury
Land Use
Events/Fundraising
New Club(s)

My X. http://www.nexterra.org/forums/viewtopi ... =71&t=9534

Post subject: Re: NEA4WD Q2 meeting May 1st
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:27 pm 
Club President

Thank you for posting this, John, and thank you for representing our club.

Post subject: NEA4WD Q2 meeting May 1st
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:57 pm 
Club Vice President

Thanks for the reminder John.

There’s a Skype link as for those that can’t be there in person. Let me know if you need it.

I plan to attend via Skype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:56 pm 
Supporting Member

nea meeting summary.

hosted by mass mudders in Gloucester ma. they wheeled pipeline after. I didn't go to wheeling.

not only do they have exclusive access to a property. but they have a full on club house. with a bar pool table, tv's, bathrooms etc etc. beautiful set up. and for lunch they had full on bbq. pulled pork that was on the smoker for 18 hours. salads,chicken broccoli Alfredo , 3 different chicken wings, steak tips, etc etc. what a great spread.

there was 30ish ppl at meeting. and about 8 on Skype.

they made it a point to let us know any club can host their own events and fall under new insurance. it's cheaper to have it on the schedule at beginning of the year when the insurance policy renews each year. but events can be added to policy. throughout the year. if / we want to host our own event, we write a proposal of what, where, when and estimate of ppl. that will determine how much the insurance will be for the event. the club hosting the event pays the insurance for those events that are for their clubs. ie go topless day, wheeling for warriors, etc.

the general fund currently has $20,771
land aquisition fund has $100,584
there's a old account for old Florida rd w a little over. $5600. that is unable to be used for anything but ofr. and there nothing that can be done w the $ because it was specifically given for ofr. I suggested that we do a trail maintenance day there and "pay" the volunteers, buy them lunch and "rent" equipment for the maintenance. then the workers could "donate" it back to nea land fund. ppl liked that idea. but not sure if it will fly.

WE NEED MORE $ IN LAND FUND!!!!!!
ways to do that.
1. events ie open runs, orfa, fall crawl. but only way that happens. is members / clubs being active and going/ promoting theses events.

2. members and clubs out right make donations to land fund. ie. as my usual I pulled all the $ out of my pocket and gave it to Kurt calling out everyone to do the same. usually I do a $100 bill. I only had $74 in my pocket today. and as usual. nobody else gave anything. 1200 members if everyone gave $75 a year. we could be buying 2 more properties within 3 years.

fall crawl needs trail leaders still for blue groups at carnage hill and Brookridge. get a hold of Mark St.Germain if interested.

baystate is going to Brookridge next Sunday mother's day to do some trail maintenance on their own. again if anyone is interested get a hold of Mark St.Germain.

city hall will be having more open to new runs on 6/19, 9/18, & 11/20. I also hear they're allowing a couple of clubs to use the property too.

orfa.
osj will be sending guys to help run trails. so that property we're covered now.
baystate offered to trail lead and have trails at f&f to help maybe get some of the buggy guys to attend.

still need help at Battleground in Rutland on Saturday. and butcher block in Savoy. think 6 or 7 tickets have sold so far. I hope they sell. if not oh well. we'll cancel again. or try and move it to 1 property.

nea schedule for rest of the year is 8/7 at the jungle in VT.

11/6 at Brookridge.
new bod new bod gets voted on then. and also meeting scheduled for 2022 gets picked and clubs that want to host let them know at meeting.

the end.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:51 pm 
Club Vice President

Thanks Erik.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk