It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:29 pm 
Forum User

Is it too late to jump in on this?

I am playing with the idea of coming out (not to mention that I may have a set of sliders waiting for me in Geneva) but have to try to clear my weekend first.

If its too late, I won't bother clearing Saturday off of my calender. Let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:21 pm 
Freestyledude wrote:
Is it too late to jump in on this?

I am playing with the idea of coming out (not to mention that I may have a set of sliders waiting for me in Geneva) but have to try to clear my weekend first.

If its too late, I won't bother clearing Saturday off of my calender. Let me know.

your good... if you can make it, come on out... I know we had a few that where not certain, and the guy i was bringing cain't make it, so its not like there isn't room for another rig...

just let anthony know for sure if your going...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:55 pm 
Latest weekend forecast:

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/ ... undeclared

High of 43, partly cloudy, 10% chance of precip. Not too shabby!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:03 pm 
its getting better...

50 today... hopefully tonight and tommorow it won't rain as much, and if we are lucky, they are under guessing the temp.. i want 50, partly sunny, and dry...

except for the ground, which is gonna be wet regardless at this point...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:29 pm 
I just got some very unfortunate news from a very close friend of mine, Gabriella. Her German Shepherd, Murphy, has been battling chronic pneumonia for pretty much his entire life. However, the vets have been unable to determine the cause as of yet. They are wanting to perform a procedure that will cost anywhere from $500-$2,000 to determine the cause, and be able to figure out a proper treatment plan.

Quote:
I am writing this to all of you now because i am desperate. As most of you know, murphy (my shepherd) has been really sick with chronic pneumonia. Well, the vets still can't figure out waht it is and he is still having a real hard time breathing. Now they want to do an internal exam on him in hopes that they will then be able to figure out whats wrong with him and properly treat him. The only problem is... this procedure is going to cost me anywhere between 500 and 2,000 dollars! And i definitely can't afford that! I'm broke! RIT has bled me dry, and so has the vet. Between him and Andrea, I can barely afford anything else and Andrea is sick again too! So apparently, I can never catch a break. Anyways, I am collecting bottles and cans in order to see if i can raise enough money for the procedure. i don't want to ask anyone for money so i figure bottles and cans are a good alternative. So if you all can donate some bottles and cans to the "help murphy Breathe cause his owner is too broke to afford any more treatment fund" it would be greatly appreciated. If you need more info about him or want my vets name and number to confirm this with her or my address to send bottles and cans to or just want to let me know when and where to pick them up, send me a message and i will give you all the info!

Thanks in advance!

Gabriella and Murphy

If you are coming on Saturday, and have some extra cans and bottles laying around, please put them in a garbage bag and bring them along with you. We appreciate anything you can do to help, and thank you from the very bottom of our hearts.

Murphy thanks you for any contribution you can make to ensure him a long, healthy, happy life, too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:31 am 
1st off... Does this person have a paypal account? I know they said they are not asking for cash donatins, however i admire the fact that they are asking for bottles/cans because this shows a persons true passion to get something done... with that being said, I will make a small paypal donation if that is an option.

AND... I have two retail stores in Rocheter that the guys eat lunch and buy drinks on a daily basis, and I am willing to ask each of my store managers to put a box in there back room to start putting cans/bottles they use in... as horrible as it sounds, we must feel we are to good to change them in.. lol I honestly have never returned a bottle in my life.. this is the first state i've lived in that has such a thing. When we moved our Westgate Plaza store, we had always boxed up cans and bottles saying that when we got our new store, we would change them in and buy something for the store.. BUT, nobody wanted to do it... and one day a bum was looking for cans in a trash can ouside the store, so we made his day... two grocery cart loads of cans/bottles piled high.. lol

anyway.. I cain't promise to have anything at tommorow's run based on the fact that we don't keep them at home, but i will get the stores to start this today, and once we get a few for you, your friend is more than welcome to them. It may not be alot, but more than a average household would produce.

also, get us a paypall address.... i think its best to just silently post it... no need to request anything.. if people see the paypall address and want to do something small, they can. I was financially forced to give up a dog to a animal hospital once due to a very bad hit by a car. Jake, my old dog was hit, and went missing for 6 days in the dead of winter last year.... We knew he was hit, and there was blood in the snow, but we traced it into the woods and searched the woods and all, and never found him... after 6 day's i was leaving for work one morning, and when i opened the door, he was standing there looking at me.. I will not discribe is condition, however i will say that it was the worst thing i've ever seen in my life.... The vet needed several thousand dollars just for the initial surgery, and it was going to require atleast 3 other reconstructive surgery's to complete the procedure, and the possibilty of further needs from that point on... Because of this, i feel the need to help your friend out.

see you guys tommorow.

EDIT... Update on Jake.. He is still alive and well at the State Street animal hospital in Batavia, Ny. Due to a agrivation with the animal hospital in how they handled the situation with us, and the fact that my daughter who will turn 4 this year knew the dog, we have decided it best to not visit. i want to sometimes, and my wife has been by a few times, and it was hard to do, but we figure its harder to explain what happened to a 3yr old. He is now a house pet, or whatever they call it.. he lives in the hospital, and is kinda there own pet... he was undoutably the best pet i ever had. just a all around good dog. He used to run with me when i was on my wheeler, he would ride in the truck, and pretty much anything...good with my daughter too.. he would lay down, and she could lay her head on her... (i'm gonna go back to work now, this is making me sad)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:02 pm 
Forum User

Hey guys, Update on tomorrow's run:

1. It looks like the Mudnuts MIGHT also have a group there, but not sure. It's listed on their site, but no one has said they are actually attending.

2. A couple of jeeps from Finger Lakes Jeep Club will be joining us on the run. I got a call from one of their members, and they will be meeting us at the park at 9am.

See you all tomorrow! And don't forget to get me your contact number if you haven't yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:54 pm 
Forum User

Have fun guys! Make sure to take a lot of pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:37 pm 
No, she does not, but you can send one to my Gmail account, just make a note of what it's for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:51 pm 
Got the camera in the truck !!!!!!!!

I'm ready...

see you guys tommorow... just wanted to log in and check to make sure there where no last min. changes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:58 pm 
I'm all packed up and ready to roll...crap it's getting late!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:15 pm 
Ok I guess I'm the night owl here. haha C ya in the mornin'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:47 pm 
Supporting Member

So, how was it? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:17 pm 
Muddy - but you already knew that.

I've got a pounding headache, so I'm gonna go lay down for a while...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:20 am 
Supporting Member

You guys go on a run without us and all we hear back is that Dan has a headache? :?

How was it, other than muddy? :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next