It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

Post subject: R180 parts discontinued?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:49 pm 
Forum User

In the last week I've seen two reports of Xterra owners seeking R180 parts from their dealerships (a crush washer and carrier bearings, respectively). Both were told that R180 parts had been discontinued by Nissan. I haven't been able to find any more information about this, but if true this could have some serious implication for the long-term health of our second gens.

Some possibilities here:

1. R180 components are being discontinued and replaced with updated versions, potentially with new callout numbers.

2. R180 components are being discontinued internally, so spares will have to be sourced from the OEM (if not Nissan)

3. R180 components are being discontinued locally, so spares will have to be sourced from other markets that sell R180-equipped vehicles (Navara, Terrano, certain Z models and Subarus)

The Frontier and Z are the final holdouts for the R180 - most news outlets expect the NP300 to hit in 2018, so we might get one more model year out of the Fronty. I haven't been able to find any info on what the NP300 has for a front diff, so it could be completely different or a new R180 variant. Another possibility is that, if next year is the last year of the D40, that any remaining M205s from Titan/Armada production might be used to clear that stock out and give it a done-up sendoff variant, much like the supposed yellow 2015 Xterra (never happened) or Toyota's balls-out final FJ Trails Team model.

If the discontinuation of R180 diff parts is true, we have a very limited time to snap up spares. Or, we'll all have to Real Titan swap and hope those parts hold out for a while. Maintain vigilance.

›»»»›‹«««‹

Post subject: Re: R180 parts discontinued?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:35 pm 
Club President

Have you reached out to Brian (jerseyparts) to see if he has any information?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: R180 parts discontinued?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:59 pm 
Forum User

Word from Brian via TNX is that parts are still available. For some reason two people in a row from different places got the same answer as to why their dealerships didn't have the parts they needed.

Once is an anomaly, twice is a coincidence. But now that they're not making Xterras anymore, you never know when the well will dry up...

›»»»›‹«««‹