It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:50 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:01 am 
Forum User

I pretty much second Tom on his comments about OEM auto, Warn and Hardbody hubs. I use the OEM auto hubs for years, until I thought I blew one. Those hubs are actually pretty strong -- I did not blow the hub, but trashed the front differential.

I went to the Warn hubs -- nothing but problems. The studs they supply suck -- even had one break on the initial installation *before* I reached specified torque. Then, over the years with use, I had the remaining studs snap, leaving the shafts inside the wheel assembly -- they are a b*tch to drill out. Had I known, I would have used decent bolts from the outset. But even when I changed over to bolts, they were snapping. (I ended up replacing two wheel assemblies rather than drill six bolts out of each assembly). Also, they stick out too far. I broke one of the end caps on a rock, and Warn does *not* sell just the end caps - you have to buy a whole new hub (if you can even find someone who sells single hubs instead of pairs).

Recently, I went over to the hardbody hubs. They are of much more solid construction than the Warn hubs. They lock and unlock more smoothly. So far, I am happy with them.

k_enn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:26 pm 
Forum User

Bklyn.X wrote:
mixxali4 wrote:
lockers installed took me 1 hour to do both!! so now i just have to test it!!

You mean hubs installed not lockers don't you?

yes i ment locking hubs!!! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:51 am 
Forum User

yeah cause 1 hour to install 2 lockers.... lolll ARB would be paying a lot of money for your services!!!! lolll ;-)

BL, SL, Diff drop, Steering system, Shrockworks front with Warn, Megawarrior, 33'' MTs on Cragar 15X10, Gobi & Raingler nets!