It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:04 am

Post subject: Front Windshield Washer?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:48 pm 
Forum User

I appear to have lost the ability to spray my front windshield. Wipers work fine and the rear sprayer and wiper work fine. Is there only a single pump to work both or are there two seperate ones and my front one might be out? Anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:55 pm 
Supporting Member

There are two separate pumps attached to a single reservoir. First check under the hood to see if the hoses to the washers have not become disconnected. If not, pull them off to make sure the nozzles are not clogged. See if liquid comes out of the hoses when you pull the washer. If so, you can clean the nozzles with a needle and/or take them out and blow them out with compressed air. Oh, and check your fuses. I don't know which one, I'd have to check. I think they do run off the same fuse, but I'm not sure.

As a last resort, the washer fluid tank is on the front left (driver's side) of the truck. there are two pumps. Check the connections. If they are good, it may be the pump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:58 am 
Forum User

daggerdoggie wrote:
There are two separate pumps attached to a single reservoir. First check under the hood to see if the hoses to the washers have not become disconnected. If not, pull them off to make sure the nozzles are not clogged. See if liquid comes out of the hoses when you pull the washer. If so, you can clean the nozzles with a needle and/or take them out and blow them out with compressed air. Oh, and check your fuses. I don't know which one, I'd have to check. I think they do run off the same fuse, but I'm not sure.

As a last resort, the washer fluid tank is on the front left (driver's side) of the truck. there are two pumps. Check the connections. If they are good, it may be the pump.

Ah, so there are two pumps huh? The lines are all connected fine, will have to check each pump...how big are they? I noticed the connections but not the individual pumps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:48 pm 
Forum User

the pumps are on the bottom-front of the reservoir, each about the size of a D cell battery

i know of someone selling the reservoir and pumps for cheap if you need one or the other (or both)

I AM McLOVIN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:28 pm 
Forum User

baf6 wrote:
the pumps are on the bottom-front of the reservoir, each about the size of a D cell battery

i know of someone selling the reservoir and pumps for cheap if you need one or the other (or both)

Thanks for the offer...the reservoir is fine and the pumps are very cheap....like $20 or less, so its no biggie. I appreciate the offer!! :thumbup: