It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:05 am

Post subject: Rear Brake Lines Tubes...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:18 pm 
Forum User

OK, new rear brake lines tubes are in...the outside (closer to the wheel) end of each is an easy install as it just threads into the rear of the wheel/hub assembly...Anyone know how the tube attaches to the slave cylinder (?) where the line from the front of the truck comes to the rear axle housing and then splits off to each wheel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:52 am 
Forum User

Dan, are you talking about the master cylinder up front or where it splits in the back? From the front , it goes into the ABS block where it splits into three lines. Two for the front and one for the rear. It goes down the passenger side all the way to the back where it attaches to the flexible line. The flexible line in the back goes down the block on the axle where it splits to each wheel.

Is that what you're asking or is it something else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:46 am 
Forum User

Powerguy37 wrote:
Dan, are you talking about the master cylinder up front or where it splits in the back? From the front , it goes into the ABS block where it splits into three lines. Two for the front and one for the rear. It goes down the passenger side all the way to the back where it attaches to the flexible line. The flexible line in the back goes down the block on the axle where it splits to each wheel.

Is that what you're asking or is it something else?

I'm talking about the block on the axle housing in the rear where it splits to each wheel and how to attach the brake tube to that block. The tube is threaded on the other end but I'm unsure of how it attaches to that block.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:05 am 
Forum User

That block and brake line are all one piece. It attaches at the top to the long hard line coming form the front.

I just replaced mine with a longer steel braided line from AC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:53 pm 
Forum User

Powerguy37 wrote:
That block and brake line are all one piece. It attaches at the top to the long hard line coming form the front.

I just replaced mine with a longer steel braided line from AC.

Yup, already had that...I was talking about the solid tubes that run along the axle housing out to each wheel...turns out they are threaded on each end so it was easy to put the new ones on...