It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:42 pm

Post subject: Refreshing the old girl
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:49 am 
Noob

I thought I would let you all know what I've been up to on my week off, I started this all Monday night when we came back from camping.

Well all seems to going good, This week before the twisted axles run I decided to do some work on the pathy and get back in shape.
First off I needed to replace the old motor with a freshly rebuilt one, from the bottom up. That should be ready to go in this morning as soon as I'm done checking stuff on the computer.
I also had to change the torsion bars since I broke one of my aftermarket ones over the winter, and changed the torsion bar crossmember / rear mount, since that was rotted and broke as well.
On the LCA's, well lets just say THAT WAS FUN, I think I came up with a few new words when I was putting in the second LCA bushing and slipped with the socket and my ring finger took all the force of the BFH. As of now the tip of my finger is still twice the size it should be. Also while the CA's where out I changed the 3 bolts that hold the front anchor for the torsion bars. If it wasn't for my wife helping me last night I wouldn't have gotten the front suspension back together.
Also need to change the clutch line this morning before dropping in the motor and I should be all good. Wish us luck on getting her finished today since we are leaving for the run tomorrow.

Later, Tim

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy shiznit...what a ride!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:30 am 
Forum User

don't forget to make sure your flux capacitor is fluxing properly :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:26 pm 
Supporting Member

Sounds like a lot of work. I also now believe there is nothing worse the swaping out the LCA's...it's a real PITA.

How's the new engine run? Oh, and good luck on getting it all done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:15 pm 
Noob

Motors in and everything is set for tomorrow, and she runs great. Just need to run up tomorrow and swap out my new air shocks for new ones again cause there is a pin hole in one of them.

Other than my finger that I killed with the sledge we should have a good run this weekend.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy shiznit...what a ride!"