It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:05 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:24 pm 
Forum User

All I have to say is thank god I made it up that hill myself. I would not want to be strapped to the back of that particular jeep.

I will say he did a great job for us on this run though.

The part that many people didn't get to see was all the effort he put into clearing trees from the trail ahead of the group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:53 pm 
Forum User

Quote:
The part that many people didn't get to see was all the effort he put into clearing trees from the trail ahead of the group.

No kidding. We didnt even get pine stripes because they cleaned the trails so well. It was weird driving through a forest and not hearing the nails on a chalkboard sound of your paint leaving the truck.

They did a great job of clearing 3 miles in front of us at all times. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:30 am 
Global Moderator

This is the first chance I?ve had to thank all of you for a great time. Thank you UNYX officers, for the great job putting this together. Thank you Jeff for the great prizes, my wife can?t wait until I break out the car wash kit I won. Thank you Dennis, for leading the group, clearing the trails and driving ?like you stole it?. Thank you newbie?s for your enthusiasm, you remind me why I will travel over 3 hours to do this kind of silliness. Thank you, thank you, thank you Scott and family for your hospitality. Thank you to all of the attendees for your participation in making the B2S run, though a little slow moving, one of the best runs I?ve had the pleasure of being a part of!
Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:45 am 
Forum User

anthony wrote:
All I have to say is thank god I made it up that hill myself. I would not want to be strapped to the back of that particular jeep.

LOL! After you made it up Anthony, I was working my way down and Mandy grabbed and told me "you better make it up, I don't want that guy pulling you up the hill" Talk about an incentive! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:02 pm 
Forum User

haha, nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:02 pm 
Forum User

Hey Micah, how's the video coming along from the weekend?

Post subject: B2S Wrap Up
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:42 pm 
I was quite happy i didnt get to use my tow strap once...my stocky Silver Beast kicked butt (that stupid tree across the trail almost took me out though, sliders paid for themselves). Thanks Jeff and Anthony for getting me over that tree.

April Fools Run I was winched (Scott) and had a tandem tow job (Micah and Chris?); shovels were also needed to free the Silver Beast. Plus my noobness burned some clutch trying to go up a muddy hill in 4HI (LOL, didnt know better).

Anyway, had a great time all. Luckily i was too tired Sunday morning on my way home to speed (I88E), saw a couple cars pulled over and couple troopers hiding in the bushes.

Lance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:45 pm 
Noob

The wife (Thumper) and I loved it, we had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. Special thanks to Scott for letting everyone crash at his place and the good food, also to all the officers who put this together. Can't wait till next year..... :cheers:

Thanks again, Tim

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy shiznit...what a ride!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:49 pm 
Forum User

I added some of my pics from the run in the photo gallery so those who couldn't make it can see them.check them out: http://www.unyxterra.com/gallery/v/events/B2S2/

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3