It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:57 am

Post subject: Back to School Run Directions
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:46 pm 
Supporting Member

Read through these and make sure they make sense. Also, let me know if you see mistakes, if you know the way. I will read through them latter, it just took me an hour to get them written up.

Address: 203 Highland Terrace
West Oneonta, NY 13861
(607)432-8684

Richmondville: I-88, Exit 20 (You can see the Mobil station from the Exit)

Scott?s (Daggerdoggie) House: I-88 Exit 13

Directions From I-88:

Take Exit 13. If you are coming from the West (As much south on I-88) take a left off the exit; if you are coming from the East (again, as much north on I-88) take a right off the exit.

You are now on Rt. 23 and Rt. 205 (think of it as Rt. 23)

You will go straight through 2 traffic lights; then a flashing yellow light and then go straight through another traffic light. You will then pass under another flashing yellow light and finally come to a fourth traffic light (there is a gas station on your left at this light). Total distance off exit about 2 miles. Take a left at this light (Rt. 23).

In about a mile you will come into West Oneonta. Don?t blink. The road takes a hard right (90 degrees). At this turn, there is the 23 West Bar, A Liquor Store and a Post Office (you may see Jay?s, Jeff?s brother in law, FJ Cruiser parked out front.

After the turn, take the third left after the Post Office, It?s only about 300 yards, and you may only count two, but take a left on Balmoral Drive. There is a Mormon Church just after you turn onto Balmoral Drive.

You?ll come to a ?T? and a stop sign in about 50 yards. Take a left at the stop sign. This is Highland Terrace.

I am the 5th house on the left. Very long, steep driveway and my house is Cedar. At least one of my trucks will be parked in front of the house.

If you are coming from Down State:

Get On Route 17 West

Get off 17 at Roscoe, Exit 94 Now, the back roads: Mapquest will only take you this way if you put in town to town, and still take you out of the way, otherwise, you will go through Walton and add 20 miles to your trip. They are all back roads, paved, no center line and curvy. Still, better than going through Walton.

Roscoe to Downsville:
1: Start out going NORTHEAST on UNION ST toward CR-179 / OLD RT-17 / NY-206. <0.1 miles
2: Turn LEFT onto OLD RT-17 / NY-206 / CR-179. Continue to follow NY-206. 11.2 miles
3: Turn LEFT onto NY-30 / NY-206. 3.0 miles
4: Turn LEFT onto NY-30. <0.1 miles
5: End at Downsville, NY US

Downsville to Hamden:
1: Start out going NORTHEAST on NY-30 toward NY-206 / BRIDGE ST. <0.1 miles 2: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto TANNERY RD. 0.1 miles
3: Turn RIGHT onto CR-26 / KNOX AVE. Continue to follow CR-26. 7.8 miles
4: Turn RIGHT onto CR-26 / HAWLEYS-DOWNSVILLE RD. 0.6 miles
5: Turn RIGHT onto NY-10. 1.4 miles
7: End at Hamden, NY US

Go through Hamden and stay on NY-10 until you come to a big creamery (the only factory you will see in the area. About 5 miles from Hamden.

Take a left across from the creamery on West Platner Brook Rd, Stay on this until Treadwell, about 9 miles. (this is another really big town)

You will come to a four way intersection. Go straight across the road, it looks like a small street, this is what you want. I don?t know the name of it, it is Case hill rd from the other side, but not sure that it is called that in Treadwell. This road weaves and winds over the hill. After you get to the top, you will be coming down a fairly steep hill. At the end, this intersects with NY-28 take a left onto 28 you will go over another fairly big hill in a half mile and Oneonta is just 5 miles away.

As you are coming down the hill (you will come to a flashing yellow light - THIS IS GONE!!! TAKE A LEFT TOWARD THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL ONTO CTY RT 41! In about a mile you will come to your first right. Take this right and you are now crossing I-88. Follow the directions above as you are now off exit 13.
:D

Last edited by daggerdoggie on Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:17 pm 
Forum User

I'll be coming down Rt.8 to 23 (actually I think 13 from New Berlin? to 23 maybe quicker) I'm sure I'll be able to find you ok from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:58 pm 
Supporting Member

Yeah. I'm just before you get into West Oneonta. When you see a bunch of houses on both sides of 23, slow down. Balmoral Drive will be on your right. It's really the first right you can take, about a mile after the sign that says town of Oneonta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:47 pm 
The I-88 directions look right...and yes, I actually remember from last years B2SR....:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:50 pm 
Supporting Member

Just put it in the GPS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:54 pm 
Supporting Member

Other, easier options for you guys from downstate:

When I lived on long island, I used to drive these routes a lot. The directions posted above are the shortest, and the quickest, but the most complicated, taking you through BFE all the way. Two other easier options are:

Take I-87 north and pick up Rt 28 in Kingston. That will take you all the way to Oneonta and not too much longer than the othere way or...

I-87 north to Rt 32 at Saugarties, go north and pick up Rt 23 at Cairo which will also take you right into Oneonta. I think this way is a little faster than 28, but I'm not sure.

From Rt 23 you will get onto I-88 west and get off on exit 13 and follow the above directions. From Rt 28 you can follow the above directions where they tag onto Rt 28.

Any questions.

Again that other way may be very confusing. It could save a 1/2 or so, but there is no cell service if you get lost and you may get attacted by the Children of the Corn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:44 am 
Global Moderator

daggerdoggie wrote:
you may get attacted by the Children of the Corn

? :?

:lol: You sure you're not from Brooklyn?