It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:06 pm

Post subject: B2SR13 FAQ;
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:33 pm 
Global Moderator

How do I sign up?
If you have not joined this board you need to do that HERE.

What's it cost?
$45 per Driver - Non-supporting members
$35 per Driver - Supporting members
$15 per guest for food
(It costs $25.00 to become a NEXTerra Supporting Member.
You can join before the event HERE and receive all Supporting Member benefits including the discount for this event!)

How do I pay?
Cash at the event or Paypal (paypal@nexterra.org) accepted.

What does the event fee cover?
- 2 Meals - Saturday Lunch & Dinner
- 1 Event Shirt
- 1 Event Decal
- Access to private land to wheel
- Five raffle tickets, with the opportunity to buy extras
- Camp site (we're camping on Scott's front yard, there are no rooms indoors)
- Hanging with some of the most welcoming Xterra owners in the Northeast
The event is B.Y.O.B., B.Y.O. drink, snacks, cooler, ice and food if you need it for Fri. night, Sat. morning, Sun. morning.

Where is it happening?
Scott's house!
Click HERE, for directions.

Can my non-Xterra driving friend(s) come?
Yes, everyone is welcome but they must register in the event thread HERE and pay the event fee.

Can I wheel my stock truck?
I wouldn’t but you can as long as you have good tires and a front and rear recovery point. AT’s are good, MT are better.

When's the cutoff?
It would be great if you let us know at least a week before the event that you plan to attend but if you just show up and pay the fee you will not be turned away.

What’s with all the weird “Pirate” stuff?
It’s a lifestyle choice Mike (mtdewmike) has made. We are an accepting group and he's an ok guy...

I’d like to attend but would rather not wheel my truck, can I ride shotgun with someone?
There will be more than a few folks (besides that A-hole Tom) with open seats available. You can ask when you sign up HERE, or find a friendly person at the event and ask then.
Riders are expected to take many photographs, maybe some video, help with recovery, help spot, help with repair, wipe feet before getting into truck, not talk too much, not stink or have bad breath, no farting, not to eat inside truck and help clean truck at end of day…

What can I do to prepare my Xterra for the event?
Remove your trucks Step rails.
The stock step rails on the Xterra are made to help your grandmother get into your truck. They tend to do more damage than good if they come in contact with a rock. Same with the mud flaps. They’re easy to take off, a few bolts, unless you try to do it at 7:30 in the morning while a bunch of grumpy guys are waiting on you.

Make sure you have a full size spare that matches the four on your truck. If it stored under your truck you might want to move it. It’s a real PITA to lower it down from under your truck when you have a flat in the woods (trust me on this one). The spare under your truck also limits your departure angle if you’re dropping off some ledge. If you decide to put it inside your truck make sure you tie it down.

You should have at least one front and one rear recovery point (not your axle or spring pack).

What should I bring?
Print and sign THIS WAIVER and give it to a NEXTerra Officer (any of THESE folks) with your attendance fee.
A Tire Pressure gauge.
Beverages will not be provided so ya might want to bring a cooler with some drinks.
There will be no food provided on Friday so if you plan to be there on Bring your own food if you need it for Friday night, Saturday morning, Sunday morning (2 Meals; Saturday Lunch and Saturday dinner will be provided)
You will be camping so bring what you would bring for that…

What would be good to bring?
Recovery strap (with no metal hooks, no chains).
Stuff for the party, check HERE.

What should I do at the trail head?
Sign the “Draken Property Waiver” provided by our host.
Robby (the property owner) usually has a pre run meeting for all drivers, attend, listen and ask any questions you might have.
Air down your tires to at least 20 pounds, yes 20 pounds.
Find a NEXTerra Officer (any of THESE folks) and they’ll help you find the proper group to wheel with.

Follow your trail leader’s instructions. If you’re not sure of something or need a spot ask.

Have fun!

Everyone from NEXTerra will be willing to help out everyone else, mostly new wheelers. No one will ever scold you or put you down if you don’t know something or don't have something you should have, at least until you’ve been out with us a few times...and then you can feel free to break my balls for forgetting all the crap I asked you to remember.
Most of us enjoy trying to turn new people on to our hobby, so there is an effort made by the NEXTerra officers and club members to help new people have a good time.

What did I forget?

Last edited by MtDewMike on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:02 am, edited 17 times in total.
Update for each year

Post subject: Re: B2SR FAQ;
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:10 pm 
Supporting Member

Great write up Tom.
Thank you.

As for what's missing, make sure to wear shoes that have a good grip on them and you don't mind getting muddy to the point of being yard shoes from that point forward. The reason being that it can get muddy at the property and, in some places, can be easy to lose your footing.

Other than that, remember that we're guests at Scott's place and he lets us use his bathrooms and showers while we're there. So, please take care of the place try to make it as easy to clean up as is possible after we leave.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:20 pm 
Forum User

oh and dont forget at scotts when backing off the grass onto the driveway use 4wd to not dig up his yard...

Pic of me and the X in action <-- click me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:04 pm 
Club President

Excellent write-up, Tom, and thank you.

Mike and Tiffany - excellent points, as well.