It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:27 am

Post subject: Back to School Run-What to Bring
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:44 pm 
Supporting Member

As we are approaching the countdown here are some suggestions of what to bring. Remember, you are camping, so you will need a tent, sleeping bag, pillow, and what ever else you usually need when you are camping. Please, bring your own towels.

You are welcome to shower, but too many cannot plan on showering on Saturday morning unless you get up really early. We are hitting the trails at 8:00AM which means we leave my house at 7:30. Please plan accordingly.

There is food provided Friday and Saturday night. If you would like to bring a dish to pass, that would be nice. We will have chicken and corn on the cob for the Saturday BBQ (if you have not been here, not you're standard red-sauce BBQ chicken, much better), so if you would like to share a salad, bread, rolls, a great desert, that would be fantastic. Just be aware that fridge space is very limited so bring something that can go in your cooler or won't spoil.

Bring your beverages and/or beer to share. Most libations are on your own, but we at NEXTerra tend to be a generous group. If you have a good local beer, and you are so inclined, bring enough to share...I'm partial to a nice, unfiltered wheat beer. :mrgreen:

Lunch on Saturday is on your own, so bring what you want to eat on the trails. Don't plan on stopping at the 7-11 on the way to the trails. We don't have time and we don't have one. If you need to pick up something on the way to the trails, there are farms...you'll have to kill and gut your own lunch and deal with the owner later.

Did I mention beer?

Fix your truck before you get here...I have hosted scores of mod days...this is not one of them. If your truck breaks, we will help you fix it to get you back. If you bring junk, it will stay that way.:shock:

Beer is always a good thing.

Most importantly for the weekend is to come and have a great time. Bring a positive, fun-spirited attitude. If you're grouchy, bring beer. If it doesn't help you, it will help others tolerate your attitude, or make the rest of us more likely to tell you what we think.

This has always been a great event!

Last edited by daggerdoggie on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:04 pm 
Supporting Member

HEHEHE That last part is funny Scott!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:09 pm 
Supporting Member

I also would like to add a few quick things.

If you pre-ordered a t-shirt I will have them. Remember the $25.00 fee got you 1 shirt and if you ordered more than one, the extra's will be $15.00 a piece.

Mtdewmike will be colltecting the fees and I'll be handing out the shirts.

If you where to late late in ordering a shirt then you'll just pay a $10 fee for the food. But I do have very (I mean VERY) limited extra shirts so ask me about them. As they'll be first come first serve. As a few of the are already taken. And if I do have a shirt and you want it, it'll be $15..

The $25 run fee will be collected at the event. Mtdewmike will also be handling that as well.. So see him on arrival.

Thanks and see everyone there.. :thumbup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:01 pm 
Forum User

Mike and I will be handling getting things 'going' for when you arrive.

You will need to sign a waiver, you will have a packet assigned to you with all the paperwork.

Gene, I grabbed a ton of plastic bags for the shirts if that helps things for you.