It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:17 am 
Forum User

what time is everyone leaving from scotts house for the trail?

we wont be coming up until saturday morning, so we'll just meet everyone at scott's in the morning (unless meeting at the trail is easier)

I AM McLOVIN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:52 am 
Forum User

7:30. Our goal is to be there at 8:00.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:55 pm 
Supporting Member

A few last minute things:

Since there is a good crowd this year (perhaps the second largest), we'll help you with the parking for camping spots. There's plenty of room, but last year, with fewer people, it looked crowded due to the chaos. We will have to plan this year. Privacy camping is available to the left of the driveway. Turn behind Mike's big-assed trailer and there is tons of room there. Don't park at the top of the driveway. We will need that space for other things and honored guests like my wife.

Have fun on Friday, but remember that we are getting up at work time on Saturday. Mine is 5:30, but it's a weekend so it can be six. The morning bell will be rung at 6:00 AM. We're planning on leaving here at 7:30am and being on the trails by 8:00, with reality being 8:30 by the time we prep and air down. Don't ruin the day with a hangover. That's for Sunday morning.

We will wheel until four. Although it is still light here right now at almost 7:00PM. In those woods, in the ravine, it gets pretty dark by 4:00PM and those of you who have wheeled a lot know that everything breaks at the end of the day, when people are tired. Also, our host, Roby, would like to come over and enjoy the BBQ so we don't want to be fixing trucks until dark.

This will give me time to cook the chicken; for all of us to enjoy each others company, and to have fun winning Jefe's amazing prizes at the raffle of more than $3500 in stuff for your truck.

For those of you who are making breakfast: Get your ass out of bed.

I don't mean to sound like boot camp, but if we plan ahead, it will be a great time for everyone.

Can't wait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:11 pm 
Supporting Member

On Scott's points:

Parking..
A few of us will be there early and will mark out the parking vs camping areas. If you want to camp with the group, then we'll be setting things up so that it's more organized and makes the most use of the room available. If you want more private camping, like Scott said, it's over near my super sized trailer.. (and, I think it's up wind, so you'll be safe from the night time 'odors').

Wheeling..
Scott and I were there until 3:30p last week and it was noticably dark in there vs the open areas. So, having a 4p cut off gives us time to air back up and get back to Scott's by 5p. Given the round of showers that will take place after that, and having that extra time will make a difference.

Regarding Saturday morning..
Yeah, it's early to get started, but if we get up, chow down and get on the road by 7:30a, we can get on the trail an hour later and have a lot of time on some of the best trails that we can get up here. So, while it may seem like a long time (8:30a to 4p) to be out on the trail, there are at least a couple of sections within the first 20 minutes where we will see some trucks get stuck or see something that is worth taking some extra time. Couple that with lunch and the sheer number of trails out there and you might feel like the day flew by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:12 pm 
Forum User

Oh yeah....what's the plan for lunch? Should we be bringing stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:36 am 
Forum User

Bring your own lunch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:26 am 
Supporting Member

cornick wrote:
Bring your own lunch.

Lunch on Saturday is on your own, so bring what you want to eat on the trails. Don't plan on stopping at the 7-11 on the way to the trails. We don't have time and we don't have one. If you need to pick up something on the way to the trails, there are farms...you'll have to kill and gut your own lunch and deal with the owner later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:07 pm 
Forum User

is it easier/quicker to meet at the trail head? coming from jersey i was planning on leaving around 4AM but if you guys are jetting at 730AM and have a 30 minute ride i dont think i'll make it in time...

does the meeting area have an address?

I AM McLOVIN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:11 pm 
Supporting Member

PMing the address to you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:25 pm 
Forum User

it might not even matter....packed the truck up and did a once-over to check for leaks....sure enough, fluid starting to pool on the pitman arm coming from the output shaft seal on the steering box

fudge

I AM McLOVIN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:46 pm 
Supporting Member

baf6 wrote:
it might not even matter....packed the truck up and did a once-over to check for leaks....sure enough, fluid starting to pool on the pitman arm coming from the output shaft seal on the steering box

fudge

So what? It won't hurt a thing. I have power steering fluid...you won't hurt anything. The worst that will happen is you will build biceps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:02 pm 
Forum User

i just didnt know if it would be a good idea wheeling on a (slightly) impaired steering boox

screw it, coming anyway, see you boys (and girls?) in the morning!....jetting outta here around 3AM :shock:

I AM McLOVIN!