It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 pm

Post subject: NEXTerra Back to School Run 2022
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:12 pm 
Noob

Thanks to all the helped set this up. This was my first time attending and meeting any of you. Everyone was really welcoming to me and my family as newcomers. We intended on staying for the weekend but unfortunately, plans changed.
the easier run was the best "stock friendly" run i've been apart of. Great weather, no bugs, good challenging sections, beautiful lunch spot, etc. I'd love to see some pictures if others got some.

Tony, i'm glad you got setup and made it home safely and thank you Jeff some helping spot me through a couple spots i got high centered on. I was glad i got the belly pan on friday afternoon because it took a beating. The frame has several fresh gouges and the factory diff cover got peeled back at some point. I noticed it leaking this morning and hammered it back down.
Again, thank you from Jared, Alicyn, and SomaraImage

Post subject: Re: NEXTerra Back to School Run 2022
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:16 pm 
Supporting Member

Jmferg3 wrote:
Thanks to all the helped set this up. This was my first time attending and meeting any of you. Everyone was really welcoming to me and my family as newcomers. We intended on staying for the weekend but unfortunately, plans changed.
the easier run was the best "stock friendly" run i've been apart of. Great weather, no bugs, good challenging sections, beautiful lunch spot, etc. I'd love to see some pictures if others got some.

Tony, i'm glad you got setup and made it home safely and thank you Jeff some helping spot me through a couple spots i got high centered on. I was glad i got the belly pan on friday afternoon because it took a beating. The frame has several fresh gouges and the factory diff cover got peeled back at some point. I noticed it leaking this morning and hammered it back down.
Awesome stuff getting your daughter into wheeling. I started taking my daughter at about the same age. How'd she like it?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:01 am 
Supporting Member

Rusty wrote:
Jmferg3 wrote:

Awesome stuff getting your daughter into wheeling. I started taking my daughter at about the same age. How'd she like it?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I've got 2 girls 8 and 10. I've been bringing since 5 or so..they both love it.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:02 am 
Supporting Member

Jmferg3 wrote:
... and thank you Jeff some helping spot me through a couple spots i got high centered on. I was glad i got the belly pan on friday afternoon because it took a beating. The frame has several fresh gouges and the factory diff cover got peeled back at some point. I noticed it leaking this morning and hammered it back down.
Again, thank you from Jared, Alicyn, and Somara

You are very welcome - it was my pleasure.

You'll get used to having to use your skids to get over some obstacles. It sure sounds horrible when you are dragging skids, but that is what they are there for.

IMO, using a diff cover guard/skid is a good solution for the rear. it keeps your stock diff cover so you don't need to worry about correct fill level or oil flow in the diff. For example, here is one from Shrockworks: https://www.shrockworks.com/Differentia ... 16205.html

I've dragged my rear diff over all sorts of stuff using a diff guard over my stock stamped steel cover.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:52 pm 
Noob

I'm not sure how if i can multi-quote but..my daughter enjoys it alot. At one point she had renamed the "camping truck" a submarine through one of the water crossings. She loves it always is up for joining me on adventures. We will be going ENH fall crawl this weekend and camping.

jac04 wrote:
Jmferg3 wrote:
... and thank you Jeff some helping spot me through a couple spots i got high centered on. I was glad i got the belly pan on friday afternoon because it took a beating. The frame has several fresh gouges and the factory diff cover got peeled back at some point. I noticed it leaking this morning and hammered it back down.
Again, thank you from Jared, Alicyn, and Somara

You are very welcome - it was my pleasure.

You'll get used to having to use your skids to get over some obstacles. It sure sounds horrible when you are dragging skids, but that is what they are there for.

IMO, using a diff cover guard/skid is a good solution for the rear. it keeps your stock diff cover so you don't need to worry about correct fill level or oil flow in the diff. For example, here is one from Shrockworks: https://www.shrockworks.com/Differentia ... 16205.html

I've dragged my rear diff over all sorts of stuff using a diff guard over my stock stamped steel cover.

I have some experience wheeling IFS with my previous toyotas. Using this for the first time and learning all the pain points was good experience. I see why people go with rear shock skids, u-bolt flip kits, and heavier diff covers, etc. I actually ordered on ARB cover on sunday to swap before fall crawl and i'm glad i did since its still leaking after being snugged up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:44 pm 
Club Vice President

Ernie’s new Napier tent…. Congratulation on winning it at the raffle!
And thanks to Napier for being great sponsors of our events!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk