It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 am

Post subject: Re: ECXC Xterra only rules discussion;
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:18 pm 
Club Vice President

We're not expecting to change this rule for ECXC-2017. Discussion is welcome.

If you're not comfortable voicing your comments in the forum, you are welcome to talk to either Mike/MtDewMike or me (Suresh/Dirtysocks). I'll pretty sure I'll be the only Sri Lankan at ECXC/Rausch...and in a Jeep. You're also welcome to throw a cold beer in my direction :-) :cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:26 pm 
Club Vice President

Cleaned up some posts that were causing confusion & distracting from the main topic.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:06 am 
Supporting Member

Change and death are the only constants in life. It is this clubs duty, to keep tradition. America, and the newer generations for the majority do not understand the meaning of value. There is an abundance of choice that grows year after year. I am all for keeping the event Xterras only as that is its name. Non-X vehicles should however be able to come to the park but must organize and run trails amongst themselves. Merchandise and ecxc stickers should still be available to them as well. Speaking as a Frontier owner; even though the Fronty is basically an X minus the name; I have no issues and dont look at the club any differently by re-enforcing the rules. Its like that thing w the boyscouts and girls wanting to be in it.
https://www.facebook.com/20380506299026 ... 564706503/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:27 pm 
Supporting Member

I respect the vision and the desire to keep it an X only event. However, I think that the exclusion of other makes and models causes some unneeded rifts in the community. People see the officers driving other rigs and can't understand why they can't invite their buddies. I also think the exclusion is why we don't see some of the bigger vendors make it to this awesome adventure.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me. I coming to this thing until my X falls apart. I might even buy another one to replace it when it does. Yet, if the goal is to grow the event and make it even bigger than it has been in the past, I think it is wise to take inviting all into consideration. Rausch Creek out classes all of what I have run on the east coast. The biggest event on the East coast could be there as well.

Edit: last sentence gave the wrong vibe...

Last edited by LizardKing on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:27 pm 
Global Moderator

This event is tradition. Tradition from the roots of our beginning.

BTW, have buddies join and be part of the larger community and have their say. Outsiders have no say in club business, only supporting members have a voice in club business. They put their $25 down and become part of something bigger. Something trying to preserve our hobby, our Motorsport.

It's one event that celebrates our roots. It shall remain as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:29 pm 
Global Moderator

...for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:18 pm 
Supporting Member

Just to clarify: I am 110% supportive either way and I go out of my way to clearly explain the situation when it comes up. Just passing on some of the perspective I have gathered along the way.

btw, thanks to everyone putting in effort to find new spots to wheel and staying active up there. looking forward to running some new ground.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:14 pm 
Global Moderator

LizardKing wrote:
Just to clarify: I am 110% supportive either way and I go out of my way to clearly explain the situation when it comes up. Just passing on some of the perspective I have gathered along the way.

btw, thanks to everyone putting in effort to find new spots to wheel and staying active up there. looking forward to running some new ground.

We are just talking here man. You are good people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:19 pm 
Club Vice President

Keep the feedback coming guys. All this helps with our continuing discussion on what ECXC should look like in the years to come.

The more folks we hear from, the better our future decisions making will be.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:42 pm 
Global Moderator

Let me again state for the record; I am not in charge of ECXC or NEXTerra. I do not make the ECXC rules or any rules. I am one voice among an appointed few that have the ear of those who have been elected (more than once) to run NEXTerra and in turn ECXC.

First off why would a non-Xterra driver help with (and pay for) ECXC if he/she wasn’t allowed to wheel it and join in the events activities?
They would not.

Why does NEXterra need a non-Xterra drivers help to organize ECXC?
According to the NEXterra bylaws NEXterra has in place an elected hierarchy that includes non-Xterra folk. These folks cannot be excluded from any NEXterra run and/or event.

NEXterra has in place an Events Committee with a system to run all its events staffed Supporting Club Members that include non-Xterra folk. These folks cannot be excluded from any NEXterra run and/or event.

Mike G. and the Mid-Atlantic Xterra Club (MAXC), the originators of ECXC have asked NEXterra to run ECXC knowing that this is the case. NEXterra has not changed any rule that was in place when they took control of the event from Mike G. and MAXC.

Mike G. knew and knows that NEXterra has the ability and correct attitude to carry on what he started.

MAXC and now NEXterra host The East Coast Xterra Challenge.

[1] Only Xterra owners/drivers can register for ECXC.
    [2] Non-Xterra sponsors may attend.
    [3] Non-Xterra Staff can pay in full and attend
    [4] The Saturday raffle is open to fully paid ECXC participants only

No non-Xterra are allowed for this one event, ECXC. Exceptions are made for ECXC Staff and ECXC Sponsors as it has always been.

The first group I ever ran with at ECXC years ago was the NJAX group lead by their president, Jorge, who was driving a Jeep!
The MAXC member who set up the ECXC Groups before me, Will, drove an IH Scout during the event for years and many ECXC Sponsors have attended driving all kinds of different vehicles.

Most folks I talk to about ECXC are and have been happy with the event year after year.
My hope is that NEXterra does not change the precedent that has been set since the beginning because some unhappy folk that cannot wheel this one event with their non-Xterra friend have complained.

The goal of ECXC as I see it is not really “to grow the event, make it even bigger than it has been in the past”, attract new and more sponsors. That would be okay but not the goal. That is going to get more difficult as time passes since the Xterra is no longer in production.

I view the event as "The East Coast Xterra Challenge, a Celebration of the Nissan Xterra" and would rather it dwindle down to me with two or three Xterra drivers with Suresh in his Jeep and seven or more non-Xterra Staff making sure I have a good time than have anything change.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:27 pm 
Club President

Well said, Tom. Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:46 pm 
Noob

Just a quick check:
I would like to sign up. I own a Jeep now and previously owned an Xterra and wheeled on several events since 2007. I don't want to offend anyone or "stir the pot" but I would like to wheel with my friends. In the past I have not wheeled my Jeep in any Xterra event and would request permission to do so now. Is this cool?

WhiteX2000
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:26 pm 
Global Moderator

DirtySocks wrote:
Important clarification on rules regarding who can signup & attend ECXC:

Per the current rules, ECXC registration is open to Xterra's, with an exception given to event staff and sponsors. Event staff (like myself) & Event Sponsors are allowed to wheel whatever they drive.

It has recently been brought to our attention that per the rule stated above, supporting members of clubs that are sponsors of ECXC also fall under the exception category and hence should be allowed to attend ECXC. After deliberation, we have decided that this interpretation of the rule has merit.

So, what does this mean to you? If your club is a sponsor of ECXC-2017 & you are a supporting member in good standing of that club, you have an exception to attend the event this year even if you do not wheel an Xterra.

Please be advised that we will be validating your standing with the respective club's officers.

As of 6/14/2017 - the clubs that are confirmed sponsors of ECXC-2017 are 718, Nexterra & GPAX.

Andy, in accordance with the clarification quoted above you are exempt from the “Xterra Only Rule” on several fronts.
You are a member of 718 (a sponsor) and you are a Bandit4x4 (a sponsor) consultant. Signup, pay and take part.

Post subject: ECXC Xterra only rules discussion;
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:38 pm 
Club Vice President

Hey Andy - while ECXC is still an Xterra only event, there is an exception to that rule for current event sponsors & event staff.

As 718, Nexterra & GPAX are sponsors, if you are a current supporting member of one of these clubs, the exception will apply to you as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:44 pm 
Noob

Thanks Gents, I'm signed, dues paid, and ready to roll....on some greens, maybe just the parking lot, either way, it is always cool to see everyone.