It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm

Post subject: Re: ECXC Xterra only rules discussion;
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:07 pm 
Global Moderator

I apologize however there still seems a necessity for even more clarification of the "Xterra Only" aspect of The East Coast Xterra Challenge (ECXC).

First, let me once again state for the record; I am just helping out with this event. I am not in charge of ECXC or The North East Xterra Club (NEXTerra). I do not make the ECXC rules or any rules. I am one voice among an appointed few that have the ear of those who have been elected (more than once) to run NEXTerra. Mike G. and the Mid-Atlantic Xterra Club (MAXC), the originators of ECXC have asked NEXTerra to run ECXC. NEXTerra has not changed any rule that was in place when they took control of the event from Mike G. and MAXC.

The policy as stated in the OP of the announcement thread on the NEXTerra board is;

Quote:
Please note that The East Coast Xterra Challenge (ECXC) is an Xterra only event.

Exemptions to the Xterra Only Rule are;
Supporting Members of The North East Xterra Club (NEXTerra) used as "ECXC 2018 Staff".
and
ECXC 2018 Sponsors; invited to attend as a guest of The North East Xterra Club (NEXTerra); no fee, one vehicle plus one associate with vehicle; must register and pay event fee.

All other attendees must abide by the Xterra Only requirement, register and pay the event fee.

Thank you for your interest and cooperation. I hope to see and wheel with you at The 2018 East Coast Xterra Challenge (ECXC18)!

If you are a NEXTerra Supporting Member please feel free to express your opinions on this subject in this thread (if you're not a NEXTerra Supporting Member your opinion on this topic doesn't really matter...does it?).

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:59 am 
Noob

I joined bc it is an Xterra group and well I have one. Don't get me wrong I love wheeling with whoever in whatever but Im glad its an X event only bc I don't get to see them much and everyone has a jeep...so seeing the rigs, hanging out, talking, learning, wheeling, doing, and seeing everyone elses equipment...awesome!! I mean all Xs romping around, or going somewhere...its something special. Keeping the X event for Xs its great to me but I also like wheeling with my friends or cool people no matter what they are in. My heart is so torn. But I'm all signed up and have my camp spot too. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also Vikki needs to get her X ready for this... lol

theres my 2 cents...
#keepthechange

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:35 pm 
Club Vice President

Damn Jeep.... they are everywhere :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:10 pm 
Supporting Member

Bklyn.X wrote:
I apologize however there still seems a necessity for even more clarification of the "Xterra Only" aspect of The East Coast Xterra Challenge (ECXC).

First, let me once again state for the record; I am just helping out with this event. I am not in charge of ECXC or The North East Xterra Club (NEXTerra). I do not make the ECXC rules or any rules. I am one voice among an appointed few that have the ear of those who have been elected (more than once) to run NEXTerra. Mike G. and the Mid-Atlantic Xterra Club (MAXC), the originators of ECXC have asked NEXTerra to run ECXC. NEXTerra has not changed any rule that was in place when they took control of the event from Mike G. and MAXC.

The policy as stated in the OP of the announcement thread on the NEXTerra board is;

Quote:
Please note that The East Coast Xterra Challenge (ECXC) is an Xterra only event.

Exemptions to the Xterra Only Rule are;
Supporting Members of The North East Xterra Club (NEXTerra) used as "ECXC 2018 Staff".
and
ECXC 2018 Sponsors; invited to attend as a guest of The North East Xterra Club (NEXTerra); no fee, one vehicle plus one associate with vehicle; must register and pay event fee.

All other attendees must abide by the Xterra Only requirement, register and pay the event fee.

Thank you for your interest and cooperation. I hope to see and wheel with you at The 2018 East Coast Xterra Challenge (ECXC18)!

If you are a NEXTerra Supporting Member please feel free to express your opinions on this subject in this thread (if you're not a NEXTerra Supporting Member your opinion on this topic doesn't really matter...does it?).
I second this

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:11 pm 
Global Moderator

…and it continues…
The only exemptions to the Xterra Only Rule are the same as last year;
Supporting Members of The North East Xterra Club (NEXTerra) used as "ECXC 2019 Staff".
and
ECXC 2019 Sponsors; invited to attend as a guest of The North East Xterra Club (NEXTerra); no fee, one vehicle plus one associate with vehicle; must register and pay event fee.

You’ll need to talk to the elected President of The North East Xterra Club, Mike aka MtDewMike, directly about the NEXTerra Supporting Members (SM) who wish to volunteer as “ECXC19 STAFF” since even Xterra driving SM are only used as needed.
Non-Xterra folks that want to volunteer are not always able to take advantage of the exemption.
As you would surely expect, volunteering NEXTerra Supporting Membership with seniority and prior club/event service are given preference.

You need to contact Mike about ECXC19 Club Sponsorship because I believe there is a minimum Sponsorship dollar amount.

Thank you for your adherence to event rules set in place prior to NEXTerra Club involvement.