It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 am

Post subject: Pissed I missed it- really pissed
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:02 am 
Noob

Sorry I didn't make this one- Really pissed about it.

United once again f-d me over- got stuck at the client site an extra day so I paid the $100 to move the flight to the next day same time. Flight cancelled, no pilots- not a large enough break between shifts (3rd time in 2 months). I sit at Charlotte International Airport shifting between gates hoping to catch a standby flight- finally get out at 9:30pm on last Continental Flight out afterarguing with United on the phone for an hour.
So I didn't get home until 1am or so. Hence I missed Saturday.

Here is the back drop story-

It goes like this-

Customer (Fairly large about 120,000 systems) can't communicate within their own organization, so they struggle with an implementaion/upgrade. So they blame the software vendor for their troubles....

Software vendor dedicates massive resources to determine that we have found only 1 bug in the code and patch it immediately. The other issues are environmental to the client......

Customer bitches and I end up onsite by the request of a couple of VP's with the task of identifying and eliminating all obstacles keeping the project from completing on time. So they send their most senior product expert and "Hammer".

This is for free- no charge for the customer even though they are the primary obstacle. Three months in Charlotte, NC. Move into a corporate housing apartment on Wed so at least I don't have to truck my stuff back and forth. The family will come down for 2 weeks and the rest of the time it will be home on the weekends. Flying Continental exclusively from here on out...no more United horror stories for me until the next assignment.

Free? Companies never due anything for free...so I make the mistake of asking why we are doing this for free when I could be generating 15K per week in revenue?

minor details....if this goes on time there is a 25+ million dollar deal that gets signed....so no pressure. I had to ask. I need to learn not to ask.

The good news is when that deal get signed I am getting a commision check.....that should be big enough to pay off my truck and Shrock the whole thing....

Still doesn't make up for the disappointment of missing a wheeling trip I have been looking foward to since Nor'Easter in May.

Sorry to let you guys down....should happen again.

And now you know the rest of the story....................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:37 am 
Forum User

That sucks. Been there many times during my time when I was flying 100+ times a year. Slept in many of airports.

There is always next year or the next event.