It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 am

Post subject: Cleaning Seat Covers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:01 pm 
Forum User

Most of the info I've found online just says to soak in a tub with soapy water, scrub them and hang to dry.

Does anyone have any good suggestions or tips for cleaning the neoprene seat covers? They've been in the X for a few years now and are looking a little grungy with some stains here and there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:09 pm 
Forum User

I've thrown them in the wash with mild detergent (about 1/2 of normal amount), and the only thing in the load.

I then just hang them up to dry, flipping them inside out after a number of hours to get everything to dry.

I don't know if that's the proper way, but it's worked the 4 times I've done it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:59 pm 
Forum User

We'll if its worked for you 4 times, you must be doing something right. It sounds easier than washing and scrubbing manually, so I'll give it a shot.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:08 pm 
Forum User

xtraveler192 wrote:
I've thrown them in the wash with mild detergent (about 1/2 of normal amount), and the only thing in the load.

I then just hang them up to dry, flipping them inside out after a number of hours to get everything to dry.

Just to make sure for myself (OK GF does the wash, but want to make sure they are returned in the condition I gave them to her :lol: :wink: ), the exterior is how they go into the wash? And then you flip them to dry the interior of the covers? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:39 am 
Supporting Member

This is the only thing I could find on Wet Okole's site. They say to do it while the covers are on the vehicle.

http://www.wetokole.com/care.html

But I've also read others doing the same with washing them in the washing machine..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:39 pm 
Club President

xtraveler192 wrote:

I don't know if that's the proper way, but it's worked the 4 times I've done it.

That's how I used to wash my covers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:28 pm 
Forum User

xtraveler192 wrote:

This is how I do it as well. I've had mine for 8 years now and they are a bit faded but still holding up okay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:11 pm 
Supporting Member

I also do mine in the washing machine and hang up to dry. Never a problem.