It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 am

Post subject: Maintenance or Lack Thereof
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:19 pm 
Supporting Member

I am anal about maintenance, but lately I have let things go.

The blue truck needs new TRE's, which have been in the back of my truck for over a month, an oil change (it's synthetic, so I'm not too worried, but I can't read the sticker I put on the windshield), new battery terminals...so worn I can't tighten them and I have to wiggle it to get it to start sometimes; and a new idler arm bushing...waiting for Dave to send it to me.

The yellow truck: Needs Paint...badly. All the trail impact has taken its toll. A new windshield, I have insurance, but need to call. Front hub repair/replacement...still have not taken that apart, and an inspection. I also need to replace the end of my exhaust, which should be easy, but no one makes exhaust pipe here anymore.

The house has taken its toll on my trucks. Hopefully, they will get some attention soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:55 pm 
Forum User

Well at least now you won't have to worry about water leaks in your workspace now. ;) At least you have that nice area Dagger, try doing all your truck work in a public open parking structure with NO AC current, no bare feet :lol:, no lights etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:25 am 
Forum User

I am gonna agree on this one. You don't have to worry about where/if you can do your mods/repairs because you have space that YOU own to do it, unlike some of us (case in point me; I recently did my Shrock engine/tranny skid install at 11 at night in a lighted self serve car wash bay due to all the non-stop rain this summer and being an apartment renter).

Sure, houses are a pain in the ass speaking as a former home owner myself: There's ALWAYS something that needs to be fixed. There's ALWAYS something on the verge of breaking. But you know what? It's yours. So long as things on your truck aren't ready to completely blow up, you'll be fine.

If there's one thing this forum has taught me in just the year or so that I've been "lurking," our trucks can take the abuse so long as they get some love at some point (at least you're running synthetic...I swear by it too).

Perhaps these are the ramblings of a drunken man this late/early in the night/morning...kidding...well, drunk, sorta (decent buzz anyways), but meant all I said. Man, where did that beer I just opened up go to...$hit...already "evaporated"...gotta get 'nother now...