It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:30 am

Post subject: Coy Hill Cleanup - not a trail run
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:02 pm 
Forum User

This is an event for everyone who is concerned about doing the right thing for Coy Hill. You can go to Friend of Coy Hill to get up to speed on everything you need to know about it. I know it's a bit of a rie for you guys, it's in Ware MA, but I figured it couldn't hurt if a few people were close enough to help out.

Posted on NEA4wd's forum
Coy Hill Cleanup May 10th, 2008

Ok everyone! The time you were waiting for has arrived. We are putting together a clean up day in the Coy Hill area on May 10th, 2008. The maintenance portion will be scheduled at a later date due to environmental concerns. Details are still being worked out, but we will need shovels, hoes, rakes, gloves, and plenty of manpower to help pick up trash. If you have a camera, bring that too, as this is our chance to show the towns we are the good guys and want to make things right. We also anticipate media coverage. The meeting time will be 9am and the meeting place is TBD until we finalize details with the dumpster/transfer location. Also, we will need trucks and vehicles with trailers for rubbish removal, but I would like to try and keep vehicle impact on the roads to a minimum and carpool where we can (The dumpster location will hopefully have plenty of room for this).

In order to keep this as coordinated as possible, please reply to Zaedock@msn.com with the following info:

Name / Club
Vehicle type (Jeep, truck, etc.)
Trailer Y/N
Number of open seats

With this list, I will be able to assign cleanup teams. Trouble areas will be identified soon and maps will be assigned to every group.
Thank you all for your patience this past winter. It is greatly appreciated. I hope that we can make a difference in this troubled area.

Take care,
Joe

Joe Ostrenga
Team Leader
Friends Of Coy Hill

Baystate Jeepers Inc.
North East Jeep Organization, Inc.
North East Association of Four Wheel Drive Clubs.

EDIT: THIS IS A RAIN OR SHINE EVENT.