It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 am

Post subject: Vdc off/ slip
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:23 pm 
Noob

Need help my vdc off and slip came on after the T'swap. And also im like carolina squat in the rear, any option other than alcan? ThanksImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Vdc off/ slip
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:45 pm 
Club Secretary

I would check the cables attached to the front ABS sensors. I’d make sure you have enough slack in the wire for full droop. I was able to slide the wire inside the rubber boots that clip into the brackets on the spindle to give me enough slack.

Lately for me it’s that the grey connector is loose or has junk in it. It’ll keep it from having a good connection. After a session of wheeling especially.

I’ve had the wires corrode on the vehicle side of that connection also. That one stumped me for a while. Intermittent ABS/slip. I had to bring the truck to the mechanic. They found it in about a minute.

Sometimes all it needs is to start it and drive it in a straight line for a little bit. It may just need to recalibrate.

Alcan’s are a good choice. Especially if you’re loaded up a lot. I had them on my Frontier. They were great. You could also go with adjustable shackles. Or an add-a-leaf. I have both on my X with good results. If you’re wheeling a lot and aren’t really loading up on equipment, you could do a 2” AAL and remove the overload leaf. It would give you more travel in your rear axle. At any rate you would need longer shocks to match. I’d call Nisstec and talk to Chris or Steve (I think) those guys haven’t steered me wrong. And they are always sending swag for our club event raffles.

Congratulations on the T swap!

My X. http://www.nexterra.org/forums/viewtopi ... =71&t=9534

Post subject: Re: Vdc off/ slip
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:26 pm 
Noob

Ok thank you...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk