It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

Post subject: Ballistic Fab C200 Diff Cover
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:16 am 
Supporting Member

Hi Guys,

Seriously considering purchasing a diff cover from Ballistic Fab for the C200. It is, after all, the lowest point on the truck. The only thing holding me back is the ebrake and brake line brackets on the original diff cover. Please note that I can't weld and it would be really difficult for me to find time to get to a shop. I feel like a dipshit even asking this, but is JB Weld an option? Is the positioning of those brackets a precision thing or just generally located? Do any of you have this cover? What have you done?

Post subject: Re: Ballistic Fab C200 Diff Cover
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:14 pm 
Forum User

Had that cover on my 05. I lust let them rest where they sat. Never had an issue. Stop worrying so much, figure it out as you go. Things will be ok.

If you’re losing sleep over it, you can always make a bracket using a thin piece of bendable metal. Cut to length, drill holes where you need them. Mount to the outside of the cover using the covers bolts. From there bend it so it will hold the cables in place. Use the bracket that comes with the ARB cover as inspiration.

Post subject: Re: Ballistic Fab C200 Diff Cover
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:16 pm 
Supporting Member

Ripper wrote:
Had that cover on my 05. I lust let them rest where they sat. Never had an issue. Stop worrying so much, figure it out as you go. Things will be ok.

If you’re losing sleep over it, you can always make a bracket using a thin piece of bendable metal. Cut to length, drill holes where you need them. Mount to the outside of the cover using the covers bolts. From there bend it so it will hold the cables in place. Use the bracket that comes with the ARB cover as inspiration.
Good advice all around

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk