It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:06 am

Post subject: got my 2 inch body lift in the mail yesterday!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:13 pm 
Noob

now who wants to install it ill pay haha how long does it normally take and how difficult is it? its for my 03 and should i torsion lift before or after the body lift? i also got my shackles in the mail today

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:22 pm 
Supporting Member

The sequence doesn't matter. Although it would not be a bad idea to do it all at once.

We have done four body lifts in a day, with lots of help, at my place. If things go smoothly, it's not too bad a job...it all depends on getting things apart. The rear bolts can freeze in which can be a bitch. Somewhere in here Donald has a good check list for doing a body lift and points at which you should start spraying with PB blaster to help loosen things up. At least start with the body mounting locations.

Also, the torsion bars can really get frozen in the anchors. Spray the adjuster bolts and the torsion bar anchors. Start that now and it will go a lot easier.

We can do it here, but I'm not available until the snow goes away...probably late March. At least not until after SnoFest. http://oldforgeny.com/snow/events.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:04 pm 
Supporting Member

Congratulations on the packages arriving.
We can arrange a time to get it installed.. start PB Blasting all 10 bolts as soon as you can.. that helps to assure that things have a better chance of going smoothly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:18 pm 
Noob

i have no idea wha u talkin bout and what bolts :/ remember i came from a worked 350z no clue on what to do with trucks lol thats why ill juss pay someone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:26 pm 
Forum User

http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showth ... ft+install

check out this thread, I used it to get me through my entire body lift in November

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:38 pm 
Events Committee Member

If you look under the X along the frame at the rubber mounts that go between the body and the frame you will see the bolts going through the mounts.
there will be ten bolts and mounts in all.
the rear ones are the worse hit by rust, due to there location.

Anyone that does the body lift would ask you to spray them down so they may break free easier.

The same is for the rear shackle bolts
and also the torsion bar adjusting bolts that are located on the crossmember under the transmission.
there is a long thick nut and another shorter nut on top facing up.
the adjuster bolt head will be facing down. spray the bolt, the nuts and where they go through the adjuster arm.

Just spray down everything and keep repeating it time to time, so it will penetrate into the bolts and nuts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:53 am 
Forum User

The file that Dagger is referring to is located under my gallery within photos

http://www.nexterra.org/gallery/v/userp ... ics/Lifts/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:07 am 
Forum User

Very nice!!!! happy for you! I remember starting to mod my X & not knowing what I was doing..... people on this forum steered me in the right direction! You're in good hands!
So doing the BL or the PML first is not really important. To avoid complications I'll have to repeat what everyone is saying: Buy a can of PB blaster & hit every bolt & nut that needs to be turned. Even your Tbar ajusters & your shackle bolts!

BL, SL, Diff drop, Steering system, Shrockworks front with Warn, Megawarrior, 33'' MTs on Cragar 15X10, Gobi & Raingler nets!